• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exhaust Upgrades?

goldwing06

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to see it run down the right side also, It would improve ground clearance and look cool too!
great idea! a splash of chrome to add some bling to an otherwise ho hum appearance. could be routed out the opening for the right front wheel attach point. some hard points will be needed for attachment and some isolators to prevent noise back into the cabin. since the body is made of of plastic, there might be a heat issue. that heat issue might come up as a safety issue with the gas fill port right above it. got to be careful to not over think this though.

MASCMAN

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
great idea! a splash of chrome to add some bling to an otherwise ho hum appearance. could be routed out the opening for the right front wheel attach point. some hard points will be needed for attachment and some isolators to prevent noise back into the cabin. since the body is made of of plastic, there might be a heat issue. that heat issue might come up as a safety issue with the gas fill port right above it. got to be careful to not over think this though.

When I am filling up my bike, my shins are almost up against the pipes as I lean in to look into the gas tank...filler is on right side of tank. I doubt the Elio exhaust will get any hotter so shouldn't be an issue.

I imagine some Lakes pipes or at least one on the Elio...just what I see in my mind. How about some mooneye caps on a red Elio?

Something like this:
[Broken External Image]

goldwing06

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of these would look nice, if a little old fashioned:

IMAG0159.jpg

The trike was made from scratch by a friend of mine, as was the exhaust.
a beautiful piece of work! buffed aluminum is always a looker. those flattened ends on exhaust pipes are quite good queling the bark of straight cut pipes. a lot of british mc's of the '50s used this on the end of the mufflers, to help quite the noise. works on aircraft too. drilling holes for about 6in and half the diameter, then take a punch or drift small enough to fit in the holes so then can be deformed to look like a vegitable grate, reduces the noise with out adding any back pressure.

Top Bottom