• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exhaust Upgrades?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I take it the driver of this rather ordinary looking car is used to driving a motorcycle. I never had to constantly rev my 3 cylinder Daihatsu Charade when I had it. I turned it on, shifted into gear and off I went. It was a fun little car and a lot cuter than this one. However, it was no where near as cute as my Elio!!!!!! LOL :-) Z

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want my Elio to be Honda Accord quiet and will not be a happy camper if he is not.

He needs to come off the line that way......a buyer can then open up the exhaust all they want at a later date.
I understand the body pieces will be composite, thus more quiet and not amplify road noise like steel does.

Quiet, please!

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Those of us who like to shift ourselves want to hear the engine at least a little, and it's nice if it sounds good and not like a sewing machine which typically means more exhaust note sound than valve/engine noise. I agree though that it certainly shouldn't be loud from the factory.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Those of us who like to shift ourselves want to hear the engine at least a little, and it's nice if it sounds good and not like a sewing machine which typically means more exhaust note sound than valve/engine noise. I agree though that it certainly shouldn't be loud from the factory.
That and there need to be laws for maximum decibels permitted when the engine is revved to the red line.
[edit] Near Hanging Rock NC there is a local ordinance about this posted on a sign on the highway. I know it's enforced because I passed a group of about 20 bikes being ticketed by the cops on the way to the mountain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom