• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Engine Development Question Put To Em

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I come from a place in my life where I live without debt. Therefore I see decreases in level of reservations at a time when school will soon be starting and assume people are having to use their funds elsewhere - vacation already planned, school supplies, etc. Just because I personally don't have to worry about these issues (every day is a vacation and I have no kids in school) doesn't mean that other people don't. :) Z

Spot on, zelio! But when one attains the ages that we are, it is my belief that most ALL responsible folks SHOULD be debt-free.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. Mine is without medication. :) Z

I'm right proud of you for that, young Lady. . . . . But unlike myself, you obviously have not been ridden hard and put away wet as often as I.

Sorry to phrase it like that, but combat and the stresses of 44 years in the medical field have taken it's toll on this ole body.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do believe that the whole thing is moving along. I do not mean to cast aspersions on their development progress.
Nothing I write here is cast in stone. It is my opinion. I guess I just want to see progress and get frustrated if I don't or it doesn't seem that way.
MK

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do believe that the whole thing is moving along. I do not mean to cast aspersions on their development progress.
Nothing I write here is cast in stone. It is my opinion. I guess I just want to see progress and get frustrated if I don't or it doesn't seem that way.
MK

And another great big, BROVO, to you, MK. but with you, I TOTALLY agree. . . , not just a little bit, like my other friend there.

I get very frustrated with folks that drag their feet, regardless of the excuses for "progress."

Excuses, Ya know, are a lot like belly buttons: EVERY body has one.

At times, I feel like we are ALL being treated like mushrooms; being kept in the dark and fed bull_hit by the company. Where is their respect for their loyal followers?

BE TIMELY guys, if you can't be anything else!

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, let me head to the "throne room," to relieve other pressures. :eek:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I look at their lack of information like this - If they, for instance, announced that the engine was put together and was going to start testing tomorrow and then the next day they had to tell us that the engine didn't function properly or over heated or whatever, it would be very discouraging. Not telling us in the first place actually is the better call. If I were them, I'd be open about what I was doing but only AFTER progress was made that wouldn't be undone.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I think we need to be realistic about developments and progress or we can easily get frustrated. We are used to new vehicles being announced and available shortly thereafter however we never see the literally years of planning, design, development, and testing it took to bring that vehicle to market. With Elio Motors we are now getting to follow along in somewhat real time which does give us a little bit better view of how things come together not just for a new vehicle but for an entirely new company which is an even bigger task.

The reality on the ground is that in terms of the grand plan very little reportable progress actually happens week to week or even from one month to another. Knowing that things take months and years to develop EM has provided us with the Tech Talk series which reduces all the mundane work that engineers and planners do every week into a summary which tells us about the major milestones along the way.

As Ty pointed out there is also the need to ensure that the information released is accurate and not likely to change as anything EM releases is very heavily scrutinized. Development issues and the need for changes along the way are to be expected from any project however the masses do not understand this and EM would face an underserved firestorm of negative criticism over every little change or issue encountered.

Last edited:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we need to be realistic about developments and progress or we can easily get frustrated. We are used to new vehicles being announced and available shortly thereafter however we never see the literally years of planning, design, development, and testing it took to bring that vehicle to market. With Elio Motors we are now getting to follow along in somewhat real time and which does give us a little bit better view of how things come together not just for a new vehicle but for an entirely new company which is an even bigger task.

The reality on the ground is that in terms of the grand plan very little reportable progress actually happens week to week or even from one month to another. Knowing that things take months and years to develop EM has provided us with the Tech Talk series which reduces all the mundane work that engineers and planners do every week into a summary which tells us about the major milestones along the way.

As Ty pointed out there is also the need to ensure that the information released is accurate and not likely to change as anything EM releases is very heavily scrutinized. Development issues and the need for changes along the way are to be expected from any project however the masses do not understand this and EM would face an underserved firestorm of negative criticism over every little change or issue encountered.

All sounds very nice and "sweet," goofy. And I applaude you for your"company man" stand. When I was still working, I thought much like you; "Look at me, a 'company man,' a role model for the rest to follow."
Unlike you, goofy. . ., a 32 y/o with STILL with very much to learn in this world. . . . , and you shall look back on it one day. . . . MOST of us standing in this Elio Line, waiting, DON't have the luxury of waiting for the (as you put it twice in your note) "years" for that development
Hopefully, God grants you all those years, but for those of us at the oer end. . . . Waiting YEARS is NOT an opinion.

Thanks for your pep talk though. Do you think we can get Pom-Poms to match the color of our Elio's as we sit here for those years you reference pass by? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: The information is coming and it will get here when it gets here. The only ones restless are some of us here. I refuse to become one of them even though I check the website frequently. I check because I want to get the information posted as soon as possible not because I am worried. :) Z

Recent from the Financial Times: http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/3a34744e-1434-11e4-9acb-00144feabdc0.html#axzz39494Pz7r

upload_2014-7-31_10-13-35.jpeg

Top Bottom