• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Engine Development Question Put To Em

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what IAV has been doing for the past year and a half..... if they did not MAKE and TEST an 'actual engine' of their DESIGN. Seems like a lot of TIME to just make drawings of an OLD ENGINE, with added CURRENT TECHNOLOGY.

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what IAV has been doing for the past year and a half..... if they did not MAKE and TEST an 'actual engine' of their DESIGN. Seems like a lot of TIME to just make drawings of an OLD ENGINE, with added CURRENT TECHNOLOGY.

I really doubt that IAV is a sophisticated company with nothing to do, but wait for Elio to ask for an engine design. Maybe Audi, Bentley, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and a dozen other car manufacturers stole some of their free time?

GM is a major car producer, it seems like a lot of TIME to redesign an ignition switch after they saved 88 cents per switch but killed a few people. I hope IAV does not want to speed their work at the expense of potential lawsuits.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just read the tec article.
Sounds like they are a long ways away from finishing this engine. Possibly years!
Sure hope they can speed things up.
MK

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if they have finished 'machining' the cast cylinders yet; or applied the " plasma spray lining "? Yep, a "long ways"... until they have an assembled ENGINE..... ready to 'turn the key'!

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The word I got in Columbus was the block and the head were finished.
I'm sure the 'completion' of the "plasma spray cylinder lining" by their 'supply partner'.... would be BIG NEWS... that they would like to release..... haven't heard ANYTHING yet!

Top Bottom