• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Owners Southeast Rally

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Charles,
Per Google Maps, your ride to the Iron Horse Lodge from Cumming, Ga. to Robbinsville, NC. would only be,
117 mi, 2 hours 23 mins, US-19 N and US-129, plus 20/25 miles up to IH. That would be well within your endurance level.. Then each days ride would be much less.
What I suggest is:
Day 1) Thursday, to ride North on the 'Dragon' then East on the 'Foothills Parkway', then down to the 'River Road', coming out just South of Gatlinburg. As we want need gas, we turn South on 411 and go up over the mountians to Cherokee. Take a break/see what they have to offer. Can you imagin the sight of 10/20/or more Elios rolling into Cherokee, with a prior press release of 'The Elios Are Coming, The Elios Are Coming'??. Should be a Hoot.
At the sound of a Long 'Train/Truck Horn' we regroup and ride accross and up thru the Natihala Gorge. Then back to Iron horse for dinner and the night.

Day 2) Friday: Ride it in the reverse. As most bike riders know, the road going the other way is totally different.

Day 3) Saturday, stay off the Dragon , too congested, with LEO/idiot riders/drivers. Visit the 'Wheels Thru Time',
in Maggie Valley, then do BBQ, about 20 miles away. Back to Iron Horse for dinner and the night.

I have ridden the Dragon many time but the last time we did it this way and it was Much more enjoyable.

Absolutely avoid the dragon on weekends. This is a great area with many things to do or visit.
I would be "all in"

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this will be hard if no one has a car by then, but the smokies is a great spring destination.
Maggie Valley, Deals Gap and that area already caters to a tourist biker crowd.
Anyone have any interest?
I always have interest in the smokies :) I'm going directly there after the wings over georgia airshow - on an empty Monday via tail of the dragon.

kensidecar

Elio Fan
Reaction score
#6471. Is that 2015?? or 2016?? when there would be many more of us Elio Owners!! I'm from Garner, NC; 259 miles from Ashville; that will be 3 gallons of gas!!! I think I can do that!!! That's better than my Sidecar Rig (40-50 mpg) and much more comfortable!

Top Bottom