• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Owners Southeast Rally

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at a map of people who have gone all in, I'm seeing a lot from northern Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

For the members in this area, what do you think about getting together for a weekend somewhere around Asheville NC in mid-late October? By then everyone who has a reservation should have received their Elios and the leaves will be a-turnin.

Unlike John Giberson who started a thread for Florida, I've never attended a car or motorcycle event and so suggestions are definitely welcome!

Clint

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm in, that's 1 hr from my house. We have a Porsche replica group that meets in Asheville for drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway and other outings around the area. Let me know what I can do to help you with the event.

Clint

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In, headed to the north end of 129 (camping int he smokies) with some BMW forum members in a few weeks, then to the south end of 129 around Helen, GA for a VW event later next month. There's nothing quite like cruising around the smokey mountains.

ctfink

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
In, headed to the north end of 129 (camping int he smokies) with some BMW forum members in a few weeks, then to the south end of 129 around Helen, GA for a VW event later next month. There's nothing quite like cruising around the smokey mountains.
Took my Triumph TR6 from Chi-town to Florida many moons ago & of course had to pass thru Gatlingburg & the 'Smokies'. Was Awesome. Would like to do it soon again !

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking at a map of people who have gone all in, I'm seeing a lot from northern Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

For the members in this area, what do you think about getting together for a weekend somewhere around Asheville NC in mid-late October? By then everyone who has a reservation should have received their Elios and the leaves will be a-turnin.

Unlike John Giberson who started a thread for Florida, I've never attended a car or motorcycle event and so suggestions are definitely welcome!
You do mean October 2016, not 2014 or 2015???

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have a 'GO' for a get to gather at the Iron Horse Lodge, near Robbinsville, NC. when the time comes.
I talked to the owners/host at Iron Horse this week end about this and they, Charlene/John, said that we would be 'Most Welcome' to have such an event at IH.
I donated/posted my bumper sticker, with a tag to this forum, to their info board', with my sig., to see if we get any hits

Had a GR8 week end of 'Asphalt Therapy'. because I was 'On The Road Again'

Last edited:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
We have a 'GO' for a get to gather at the Iron Horse Lodge, near Robbinsville, NC. when the time comes.
I talked to the owners/host at Iron Horse this week end about this and they, Charlene/John, said that we would be 'Most Welcome' to have such an event at IH.
I donated/posted my bumper sticker, with a tag to this forum, to their info board', with my sig., to see if we get any hits

Had a GR8 week end of 'Asphalt Therapy'. because I was 'On The Road Again'

http://elioowners.com/threads/elio-...he-iron-horse-lodge-when-the-time-comes.1685/

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like most bikers, I have heard of the Dragon, have a few buds that have been on it, but from what I've seen there is just too much traffic and most of it is people in cars and on bikes trying to beat the other buy on a bike or car...not real sure I'd wanna go..plus I do have some curvy roads around here that aren't a 2500 mile one way trip to ride on.

Top Bottom