• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A bit off topic, and a little tea leave gazing, but I was just looking at a new purchase Stu Licher's IRG just made, and thought; Lichter's a smart fellow, invested in EM and plugging along with his main bread and butter. Is continued confident behavior by Elio's angel investor a positive sign for EM? http://www.lohud.com/story/news/loc...-sells-200-acres-pearl-river-campus/76005650/
OK, John, devil's advocate time -- Lichter isn't sitting around waiting for EM to thrive, he's diversifying and expanding his development portfolio ... and may tie up cash we wish he was reserving for Elio! And the Grinch wanted to steal just a few toys .... ha!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't read the article in its entirety, but what I did get out of it, loud and clear, was "Buyer Beware!"

And I am still aware of this fact, I want one! :D
I found this bit interesting -- now we know how much it cost to prepare the paper work!

upload_2015-11-20_17-39-7.png

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The technical cap on what they can get through Reg A+ is $50M. However, they only applied for up to $30M, so they would need to re-apply if they wanted to aim for the $50M limit. (And they only need $12.5M, but $25M will greatly speed up the E-series testing).

The reason they are cutting it off and doing the pro-rated refund option, (aside from the technical limits) is because Reg A+ is the only way in for unaccredited investors, so they want to let as many in as possible. (This means more people materially invested in the company and it's future).
According the the paperwork they submitted to the SEC, the Reg A+ shares are all "diliutable". Thus any over-selling will dilute the value of everybody else' shares. To maintain the highest value for as many people, EM needs to find a sweet-spot balance that puts it somewhere in the middle between share value and # of investors.

Even though shares will be available for purchase after the Reg A+ has closed, this will only be for accredited investors. I don't know how many of us have an income of $200k+ per year, but it certainly ain't me!
As many investors as possible means less concentration of shares in any person or small group's hands = control stays with Paul.
Yes, the only opportunity for non-accredited investors to participate in the near term is via the Reg A+ offering (i.e. through startengine). After that's closed, you'll have to wait at least until they start trading in the OTC markets and can find someone that's willing to sell. The next opportunity on a significant scale won't be until they have an official IPO on a public exchange (e.g. NYSE or NASDAQ).

Top Bottom