• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E-series Has Started How About Some Photos?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I view EM a success when the E's are built/tested, the plant is tooled, the contracted number of employees are hired, trained, and Paul Elio hits the start button on the assembly line................... in the last second of either 2016 or end of March 2017. Then hope for long term success after production begins.

Amen...:car:

james92se

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, we are an optimistic and delusional bunch.
The 25 Engineering vehicles will be produced on a version of the assembly line, using the same manufacturing practices and parts as will be done in the factory. In fact, a large part of the $12.5 million cost of the E-series is the tooling that needs to be done for their manufacture. Following the E-series tests, the rest of the hard-tooling will begin and get installed at Shreevesport. Going by the Q4 production deadline, hiring probably wouldn't start until June/July at the earliest, September more likely.

Anyways, didn't you hear the news? Elio is officially a Billion dollar company.

A billion dollar company who just pushed back their stated production schedule (again) because it's seeking additional funding.

I agree with many (but not all) of your observations...

After the sale of Reg A+ securities...Elio is required to be more transparent and provide SEC mandated quarterly updates...

I'm more comfortable with 2017 date...

Within 6 months we'll all know about the true future of Elio Motors...so much to do...so little time...

But...I'd love to own one!

I would love to own one as well.

welcome back, much hasn't happened since your last visit EXCEPT everything (actually it's been just the last few months)
I too feel it's still a reach,however with each announcement (closer together than ever before) it is going to happen.
Seems like you hold a small flicker of hope too.
Perhaps our sensitivity to trolls has been diminished by their absence.
The board , in my observation has been tolerant of nay sayers as long as they seem reality based, non rhetorical or nasty.
I and many others who voice negative concerns about the reality of the project are not ostracized by opinion.
There is a theme of sharing information about the Elio, and as you browse, MANY other topics.
Personally, this is the friendliest and most tolerant site I watch and share on a variety of topics.
I look forward to meeting my new friends, in person at the National Rally
I wish us all the best

I guess what I find incredibly puzzling is that I've never even directly called anybody names. Yet anytime I describe the general mindset here as naïve (which it is!) I get called a troll and receive threats directly from moderators. It is just mind-boggling, truly. Some here act like I'm personally attacking people and I'm not. I'm disagreeing with the general mindset here. Me saying that any of you are naïve is equivalent to you telling me that I'm pessimistic about the Elio's production schedule - which I freely admit. You don't see me being mortally offended by that description of my mindset.

ok, James,

I really don't like being called strangely sensitive, native and delusional. Merry Christmas Troll. Elio now has a market value of one and a half billion dollars. $1,589,252,880.00 !!! See ya next year.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You called me a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111////one

Did you receive warnings from moderators about name-calling and threatening to ban you? I sure hope so, otherwise the moderators and this board are proven to be incredibly hypocritical.

I wasn't going to dignify his post with a response, but you got a 'like' for that one. ;)

Supporting name-calling - did you receive threats from moderators? It would be a slap in the face of fairness if not :D

It takes about an week to train a "manufacturing force".... "When the car gets in front of you, put this part here and screw it in." I can't fathom how anyone truly believes it would be smart to hire 1,500 people to sit on their assets for an entire year. The 25 will be hand built (just like all cars are but without a moving assembly line. This is where they get the process of assembly down and also where they will most likely do some time studies.

The hold up wasn't manufacturing or personnel. It has been getting the money to do those things. Almost ALL the parts will be manufactured elsewhere and just assembled in Shreveport. It isn't like they are starting from scratch.

Delusional and optimistic are two different things. A parent doesn't go the a Middle School orchestra concert thinking their kid will be the next big thing. They go there hoping all the kid's practice and hard work will culminate in a great performance. That is the difference between being optimistic and delusional. Could the manufacturing start be delayed again? Could the Falcons win the next Super Bowl? Sure. I'll watch football and hope my team makes a great showing. That doesn't make me delusional.

Genuinely believing something will happen when it is CLEARLY impossible is the epitome of delusional in my mind. Sorry, but it is. That is not a personal attack on any of you. The fact that I am pragmatic enough to know that there was ZERO chance Elio would be rolling vehicles off the assembly line by the end of 2016 doesn't make me a troll. Just realistic.

I sure hope the Cowboys win the Super Bowl next year. Go ahead and call me delusional. Trust me, I won't get all weirdly offended like some here.

Just for entertainment purposes, and in the interest of "can't we all get along", humor and fun, and maybe a bit of enlightenment...

How did you get Aprilia to 'like' this post? Just teasing...

How did the Kansas City Royals make it to the World Series in 2014 and 2015, winning the 2nd one? How could anyone fathom that?

How does anyone have faith in something? Haven't you had confidence or trust in something? Faith makes a person an easy target for others to say that the person seems to be naïve and delusional, doesn't it? And if you defended your faith, you might be called what... sensitive? One could say that you had faith a year ago, that the Elio would not be manufactured last year. You didn't know for sure, but you had confidence and trust that it would not happen.

There's very little, VERY little, that any of us know about the future of the Elio, that is beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Delusional = having false or unrealistic opinions or beliefs. Who gets to decide if a person's opinion is unrealistic? Most of the time, it's those that don't have faith.

So here we are: you were called a troll for your faith, and others on this forum are called naïve and delusional for their faith.

You wouldn't believe the amount of flak I receive from friends and co-workers for "wasting" a thousand dollars on the Elio. I have faith that it will be built. I just don't have faith that it will be built during 2016 (and have severe doubts about 2017) and I was just always perplexed that any pragmatic person genuinely believed 2016 would be the year.

You asked who gets to decide that a person's opinion is unrealistic. It was my opinion here that many are naïve and delusional about the production schedule. The fact that Elio has officially pushed back their timeline yet again basically solidifies my prior statements. We can debate whether or not there is a naiveté to the populace here but that aside, it's pretty clear now who was/is right about whether or not production would happen in 2016.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A billion dollar company who just pushed back their stated production schedule (again) because it's seeking additional funding.

I would love to own one as well.

I guess what I find incredibly puzzling is that I've never even directly called anybody names. Yet anytime I describe the general mindset here as naïve (which it is!) I get called a troll and receive threats directly from moderators. It is just mind-boggling, truly. Some here act like I'm personally attacking people and I'm not. I'm disagreeing with the general mindset here. Me saying that any of you are naïve is equivalent to you telling me that I'm pessimistic about the Elio's production schedule - which I freely admit. You don't see me being mortally offended by that description of my mindset.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You called me a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111////one

Did you receive warnings from moderators about name-calling and threatening to ban you? I sure hope so, otherwise the moderators and this board are proven to be incredibly hypocritical.

Supporting name-calling - did you receive threats from moderators? It would be a slap in the face of fairness if not :D

Genuinely believing something will happen when it is CLEARLY impossible is the epitome of delusional in my mind. Sorry, but it is. That is not a personal attack on any of you. The fact that I am pragmatic enough to know that there was ZERO chance Elio would be rolling vehicles off the assembly line by the end of 2016 doesn't make me a troll. Just realistic.

I sure hope the Cowboys win the Super Bowl next year. Go ahead and call me delusional. Trust me, I won't get all weirdly offended like some here.

You wouldn't believe the amount of flak I receive from friends and co-workers for "wasting" a thousand dollars on the Elio. I have faith that it will be built. I just don't have faith that it will be built during 2016 (and have severe doubts about 2017) and I was just always perplexed that any pragmatic person genuinely believed 2016 would be the year.

You asked who gets to decide that a person's opinion is unrealistic. It was my opinion here that many are naïve and delusional about the production schedule. The fact that Elio has officially pushed back their timeline yet again basically solidifies my prior statements. We can debate whether or not there is a naiveté to the populace here but that aside, it's pretty clear now who was/is right about whether or not production would happen in 2016.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe there is currently a specific production schedule target date other than sometime after the 100 preproduction Elio's are built/road tested and that happens after the 25 Ebuilds/testing. We have some wait time remaining, but think Roush.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
t

what I posted was no more than my own observation. I know for sure it wasn't personal, as a matter of fact re-reading it, my self deprecating humor was also addressed to me!! Personally, I respect different points of view, a good smack in the face of reality is often necessary. I hope you continue to stay, whatever your past "transgressions". I'm fully supportive of the limitations that this board/moderators sees fit to intervene. I , personally, have been reminded of "going too far".

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score

what I posted was no more than my own observation. I know for sure it wasn't personal, as a matter of fact re-reading it, my self deprecating humor was also addressed to me!! Personally, I respect different points of view, a good smack in the face of reality is often necessary. I hope you continue to stay, whatever your past "transgressions". I'm fully supportive of the limitations that this board/moderators sees fit to intervene. I , personally, have been reminded of "going too far".
Sometimes you might offend without knowing it. A friendly reminder when that happens is good for all of us.

By the way, you're not alone in getting friendly reminders. But I welcome them.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

You are delusional since you hope the Cowboys win the Super Bowl next year. There's no WAY they will win it next season. Romo will probably get injured again, and their defense is avg at best. The NFC East is wide open, and it's not realistic to say that Dallas can win the division let alone win it all. I do like Bryant, McFadden and Witten on offense. I have faith that Dallas will win a Super Bowl eventually, I just don't see it happening next year. When Dallas doesn't win the Super Bowl this coming year, I can come back and say how confused I was that any common-sense person would believe or hope that this coming season will be their year.

It's pretty easy for me to say all that, yes? And it's pretty easy for you to get offended on some level. You have hope for the Cowboys, and here I am squashing it.

It's good to hear that you have faith that the Elio will be built. :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been called a troll on a couple of occasions and a moderator has suggested I take a walk, but I sincerely like you people along with your varied thoughts and opinions regarding what's going on in our hometown of Elioville.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been called a troll on a couple of occasions and a moderator has suggested I take a walk, but I sincerely like you people along with your varied thoughts and opinions regarding what's going on in our hometown of Elioville.
Yeah, we like you too Rick
:rolleyes:

<I'm so glad I'm typing; it would be hard keeping a straight face at times> :becky:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, we like you too Rick
:rolleyes:

<I'm so glad I'm typing; it would be hard keeping a straight face at times> :becky:
There may be some cultural barrier to understanding here. Some of us older guys from the south used to take a walk to cool off, reflect and gather our composure and then return. I think the modern version of taking a hike has a more permanent nuance.

Top Bottom