• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doubts...to Buy Or Not To Buy...

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's like to Google Maps imagery of Technosports, Inc (the company making the prototypes):

https://goo.gl/maps/c67Sc

Not seeing a fenced in area, or an alley for that matter. It could be a different facility, but they don't seem like that large of a company, and they only list one address on their website.

Thanks for the map. We can get a ruff estimate of the size by counting the parking spaces next to and behind the building. and It doesn't matter which one of the 3 because they are pretty much carbon copies.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As someone who has his money down, but who has been only a light participant in the forums, let me say that I'm pretty appalled at the personal attacks toward Debbie. Debbie entered the forum laying out her concerns. She may not have expressed them in a way you enjoyed, and you can certainly take that as negative attitude, but it's not a personal attack. Post after post in reply including terms like "shut your pie hole" certainly doesn't give me a very good view of the folks on the other side of the argument and their ability to discuss the Elio in a reasoned and reasonable manner. Not everyone who disagrees with you is automatically a troll.

Personally, I have my "all in" funds all in, and I still hope to get my Elio (white, with blue trim by the time I'm done with it), but I certainly recognize there are reasons to be concerned. The announced delays, the lack of tangible progress both at the factory and in producing additional prototypes, the continued focus on items such as partnerships and surveys and board members that don't represent a significant (or any) outlay of capital. Much as I want it to happen, I don't see the signs that make me think "Yes, Elio is making the investments that will lead to production." Instead, as I think Paul's letter clearly indicates, they are still in the searching for investment phase of the project. Still hoping that someone will provide the bucks for their Buck Rogers.

Having had a two-digit reservation number for an Aptera, I feel like I've been through this before. In that case, I watched what seemed like a promising vehicle from a "maverick engineer" turn into an ever longer series of delays and false starts as the Aptera morphed from "cheap and quirky statement vehicle for a few early adopters" to a "not-cheap and still quirky vehicle in search of a larger audience." Aptera ran through rather a good pile of development capital in the pursuit of the later, while a lot of us that had signed on in the early days begged from the sidelines "just give us what we signed up for, we don't care if it has power windows and faux-leather seats..." and watched it slip away.

Right now, the most valuable property that Elio has is simply the number of folks that have signed up for a vehicle. I don't think they've gone too far down the Aptera road to recover. However, I think that if they don't soon start showing evidence that production is on the way, their credibility will slip so far down the slope that the Elio will join Aptera (and a dozen other three-wheeled concepts) in the might-have-been dustbin.

And hey Paul! I don't care if it has power windows. I don't care if it has leather seats. It doesn't have to look like it came off the lines at Audi. Just get something on the road. You can make it perfect when you get to the "Model S."

(now I'll step over to the side and wait for my "Troll" forehead stamp)

Point well taken. My "pie hole" comment was out of line. It is obvious tho, that she thrives on replies, whch I will no longer make. But it Has been more than her opinions that she is voicing. In my opinion, some if it IS slanderous. But that is not my business, it is Paul Elios, wheather he or his legal team wish to pursue.
I am sorry you lost out on the Aptera, and it is my wish too, that this will not be the same.
Peace

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And the green one. The ones in the site are Photoshop line many in this forum and like the Elio store and those fake looking people in front of it.
I was speaking of the three that appear to be moving on a street with a driver, no license plate on either.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I told you he did not take pictures, he did not take any when he went to see the Elio in OKC, there is a red, blue and a white one on Elio's web page but they are probably photo shopped.. What is it you are accussing me or him off. If I said geo body it was a mistake I 'm sure I said red Elio, but who knows I could have errored .
Yes, could have been an 'error', since I 'cut and pasted' it (just added [boldface] to the "geo" part.
400 sq feet is what my uncle said looked like the area where they were washing the red geo body,
( Debbie Bruce, Today at 11:55 AM ) Perhaps your 'uncle' was also in error about being at the Technosports Creative of Livonia, since the description of the "junk yard in the rear fenced in area", does not seem to match the area around their building. Could have changed, but it says "map data 2014".

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was speaking of the three that appear to be moving on a street with a driver, no license plate on either.
Oh. I thought you meant that Elio has only had the two prototypes out there. There was the original tech semi-final mostly roll cage and seats, the Green one, the gray one, and now the Orange one. Though these cars are just to give the public an idea what the Elio is about, it is cool that they are so well put together. I like that they didn't waste effort with a modern engine and all its electronics when the old Geo motor (the one before their bulk made them too big for the Elio) works fine as a proof of concept. Now that IAV has delivered the motor, it won't be long before we see the P5 and if testing goes okay on those (the first one is always the slowest to build. Once the jigs are in place, the fabricator can pump out several fairly easily and much cheaper.), the minor tweaks will be easy enough to make at the Shreveport Plant. Technosports doesn't work for Elio but is building the cars for him. While delays are inevitable and, I admit, frustrating, it is refreshing that they are pretty out front with their info. Sure, they have to keep some things close hold but they sure seem to be trying. Now, sure, someone could say "to better string you along" but he already has my money... no stringing Nessessary. Maybe to keep me advocating the Elio? Sure. But, I don't buy into conspiracy theories either. Of course, Bernie Madoff fooled people for years but that was actually worth his time right up till he got caught. Elio won't get rich traveling all over shilling for $100 here, $1,000 there. Anyway, we should see a new Elio pretty soon. Maybe in the meantime someone could swing by that address since none of the naysayers are bothering... you'd think the media would have been all over "the scandal" by now... or at least someone in the neighborhood posting pictures "Hey, what are these?"

Top Bottom