• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Delay To 2017 And Beyond

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coss,
Thank you -for getting to the bottom of this in a very timely manner! I, and many others here appreciate it!
I do not believe that on August 4 they didn't know a delay was in order -- unless "Garry" was a low-lifer so far down the chain that he really didn't know, in which case he should have checked before responding to Coss.

The SEC filing took a bunch of time to prepare. You can bet that the folks preparing it new damn well they couldn't meet a mid-2016 deadline. I've said it elsewhere, but it is DUMB to cling to a wishful thinking pose and then be exposed as either fools or knaves. Better to bite the bullet early and say what you're doing to make the best of the new reality. EM is NOT good at doing that. And they need to be, because they are on such shaky ground.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never thought when I plunked a grand down it would be two years minimum to get a vehicle and glad I did not hear of Elio sooner. The grand plus $650 EM is discounting is only positive I have now.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas? At that show, reporters reported a delay. Where did they get that information? I suspect they got the information from other team members who knew about he delay but did not want to lie about it. There is also a video of Paul Elio at the show quoting the old production date on camera. Goofyone posted that the reporters probably got it wrong because they (reporters) are in a big hurry at these electronics shows writing many stories and frequently getting things wrong . I posted that since Paul Elio stated the old production date, there must not be a delay. I did not like being completely wrong in my post because Paul Elio lied. Since then, I am more skeptical when Paul Elio speaks.

It sounds like someone who is a part of the Elio team knows these facts and does not like to lie about them.

I hope they do not get in trouble. Elio Motors is a dictatorship, not a democracy. All power is in the hands of one person who does not like to share power.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas? At that show, reporters reported a delay. Where did they get that information? I suspect they got the information from other team members who knew about he delay but did not want to lie about it. There is also a video of Paul Elio at the show quoting the old production date on camera. Goofyone posted that the reporters probably got it wrong because they (reporters) are in a big hurry at these electronics shows writing many stories and frequently getting things wrong . I posted that since Paul Elio stated the old production date, there must not be a delay. I did not like being completely wrong in my post because Paul Elio lied. Since then, I am more skeptical when Paul Elio speaks.

It sounds like someone who is a part of the Elio team knows these facts and does not like to lie about them.

I hope they do not get in trouble. Elio Motors is a dictatorship, not a democracy. All power is in the hands of one person who does not like to share power.
Edison?, Jobs?. Ford?, Wright?, EM is a business, neither a democracy nor a dictatorship. and, BTW, who likes to share power?
delegate maybe? by force?, by a vote?? , with a significant other?? I think we all cling to the "we are in control of our own destiny" and strive to assert our "power" (heavy!! too much ganga !! ( and it's getting cheaper !!!)
well, it's XI:XXVII, time to sign-off

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe he is counting the entertainment value of the Owner's blog. But today that was not too valuable.
There is the original 50% bonus, plus they kicked in an additional bonus for people that are long time reservation holders. If you put in your deposit in 2013 you received and additional 15%; first half of 2014 an additional 10%; second half of 2014 5%

Top Bottom