• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Custom Paint Options

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:rolleyes:What I continue to wonder though is why Elio did not put a back window in the car. I know it may not bother alot of people because they are comfortable with just using the side mirrors , but me for instance prefer all three ways to watch the world around me ,plus I think that it might inhance the rear of the car. SOOOOO! thats another thing my brain is wrapped around trying to come up with a after market(custom) addition kind of like the early VW bettle that had the split oval in the back even one that amy possibly slide into the rear of the car electrically, HMMMMMMMMM!
Weight and cost. This has been discussed by Elio. Install a camera -- that's what I'm going to do. But I do agree a rear window would be a lot more comfortable to live with.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Weight and cost. This has been discussed by Elio. Install a camera -- that's what I'm going to do. But I do agree a rear window would be a lot more comfortable to live with.
More comfortable appearance wise? I don't see a rear window on the very narrow hatch door to be functional since you can't see out, but only look in.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see why as you wouldn't be able to see it through the rear headrest. I will be moving my backup camera to the Elio.

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I think your question has merit. However, I feel that having a base coat/color means I don't have to spend the money to get it paint right away. This is contrary to my decision about the other options that I choose to include from the factory because I will want them immediately anyway: i.e. A/C, Cruise, Leather Seating, & Sunroof. Could I install those options myself? Sure. But I might as well add them immediately and have them while I'm driving around trying to determine if I want to change the color of my new Elio or if I decide on a themed wrap. Just my back-asswards way of thinking...
Gosh BillZ, I always thought it was bass-ackwards (!).

Elio1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on starting with their orange, and adding accents, racing stripes, and whatever else with PlastiDip spray. It protects the factory paint, and when you want something different it peels right off.

I'm also considering spraying the whole orange car with red/orange pearl or flake suspended in clear. https://www.dipyourcar.com/Dip-Pearls/
Exactly what I had in mind. I checked the link you posted. If I wanted to spray the whole car, where do I find it on the site? There's so many confusing options.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how much weight spraying the whole car with Rino-lining would add? I think this would look pretty cool. Very durable.
I believe it comes in a couple different colors as well, like black or dessert sand type thing.

Top Bottom