• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Custom Paint Options

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Uhhh, Craig...was the first sentence supposed to be a question? Not sure where I lost you (or vice-verse).

Okay. When I enter my vehicle (3 wheeled or not), I've got a "pretty good" idea what's behind me...usually, it's a recycle bin I need to miss that I set out the night before, depending on what day of the week it is. Simple observation when you enter the vehicle takes care of 99.9% of surprises. Walmart parking lots are a whole 'nother subject. On the road, I believe that the side views on the Elio will do the trick. Situational awareness is a skill I learned when I first started driving...I still practice it every time I get behind the wheel, and situational awareness seems to be a rare practice these days (is assuming everyone else on the road is and idiot, and has no business driving paranoid? Or just what has kept me from being in an accident (knock wood) for 36 years.)

If I misread your reference to my screen name (which is actually Kevin), please disregard this post. :D
(-) NSTG8R
I was excluding you.
I agreed with your post.
You are moving forward and using the camera to view to the rear.:)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this yellow color from craigslist. Why would this color not sell better than black or silver. The 2 ugliest colors. This color , as well as the car, is incredible.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4700093017.html

Like S2000's, like yellow, not real fond of that particular color of yellow...might be my monitor though. But then again, I own a black Subaru SVX, a black and burgundy F250, and a silver Jeep Grand Cherokee (and 3 Porsche 914's (red) in various stages of rebuild, so they don't count). On the Porsche forum, YELLOW is considered (jokingly) the fastest of the colors. :D

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like S2000's, like yellow, not real fond of that particular color of yellow...might be my monitor though. But then again, I own a black Subaru SVX, a black and burgundy F250, and a silver Jeep Grand Cherokee (and 3 Porsche 914's (red) in various stages of rebuild, so they don't count). On the Porsche forum, YELLOW is considered (jokingly) the fastest of the colors. :D
why do you need so many cars? Maybe you can fit this electric sports car in your budget. 500k!!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this yellow color from craigslist. Why would this color not sell better than black or silver. The 2 ugliest colors. This color , as well as the car, is incredible.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4700093017.html
I like yellow...but not THAT yellow.
A long explanation was posted, within the past few weeks. It was said that yellow "pigments" used in paint are more costly than other colors. You might want to do a "search" as I'm sure the thread will answer you "next" questions about the color yellow.

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If a backup camera was added where would the actual viewing screen be mounted? Take a look at dashboard pictures and you'll see there aren't really any flat places large enough for it.

ClubJoe
Sunny Brandon, FL
I've seen a viewing screens mounted in a rear view mirror case, and the system was wire less. check out on line.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is lots of room on the dash to mount the viewer.

elio-motors-3-wheeled-prototype-interior-photo-582575-s-1280x782.jpg

Top Bottom