• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Custom Paint Options

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I think your question has merit. However, I feel that having a base coat/color means I don't have to spend the money to get it paint right away. This is contrary to my decision about the other options that I choose to include from the factory because I will want them immediately anyway: i.e. A/C, Cruise, Leather Seating, & Sunroof. Could I install those options myself? Sure. But I might as well add them immediately and have them while I'm driving around trying to determine if I want to change the color of my new Elio or if I decide on a themed wrap. Just my back-asswards way of thinking...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really there was a time when the big 3 would put any engine, brake package, interior in a vehicle that was ordered - what would be the difference ? There's a potential for the additional price (it could raise) sales..
Ahhh! There's the hitch - there are two ugly words in the Elio land MSRP and package. These were offered as a way to get additional money - lots of additional money. You could never buy just one option, you had to buy the PACKAGE. The Elio difference is options will be offered individually and everyone pays the same price. No commissions offered for excessive sales "incentives". PEP or Paul Elio Pricing is a breath of fresh air to this woman. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I think your question has merit. However, I feel that having a base coat/color means I don't have to spend the money to get it paint right away. This is contrary to my decision about the other options that I choose to include from the factory because I will want them immediately anyway: i.e. A/C, Cruise, Leather Seating, & Sunroof. Could I install those options myself? Sure. But I might as well add them immediately and have them while I'm driving around trying to determine if I want to change the color of my new Elio or if I decide on a themed wrap. Just my back-asswards way of thinking...
You can cross one of those off your list. A/C is not an option. Every Elio will have it. All you have to do is decide whether to use it or not. :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'll be hard pressed to get one off the line unpainted.
Elio will most likely not do any customization work. Assembly line employees need training to do what they do and Elio wont be in a position to keep customization people on the payroll. You'll have a few choices like you do on any car but past that you'll need to go it alone.
Can't remember where I heard or saw it, but I think no paint will be an option.

Last edited:

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can't remember where I heard or saw it, but I think not paint will be an option.
thanks for the research! For now Marshmallow works for me! I had been dreaming (nice to dream on a budget), I can handle base Marshmallow and 84mpg:)
Terrence :)

I like the heading on Tech Talk V34 today
NATIONAL MEDIA ALERT: Elio Motors Production Update :D:D

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'll be hard pressed to get one off the line unpainted.
Elio will most likely not do any customization work. Assembly line employees need training to do what they do and Elio wont be in a position to keep customization people on the payroll. You'll have a few choices like you do on any car but past that you'll need to go it alone.
May have come up during this.

Post 11
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/custom-paint-options.1102/page-2

Come to think about it, it may be from when I talked with the EM rep in Columbus about factory paint.

Last edited:

LonePine

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
thanks for the research! For now Marshmallow works for me! I had been dreaming (nice to dream on a budget), I can handle base Marshmallow and 84mpg:)
Terrence :)

I like the heading on Tech Talk V34 today
NATIONAL MEDIA ALERT: Elio Motors Production Update :D:D
Ahhh! There's the hitch - there are two ugly words in the Elio land MSRP and package. These were offered as a way to get additional money - lots of additional money. You could never buy just one option, you had to buy the PACKAGE. The Elio difference is options will be offered individually and everyone pays the same price. No commissions offered for excessive sales "incentives". PEP or Paul Elio Pricing is a breath of fresh air to this woman. :) Z
Not a complaint, heck, what'd anybody talk about at coffee if everybody agreed about everything ? Having said that, I've gotta' admit I'm puzzled by the amount of folks who seem to want an Elio of their own so they can do their best to make it look like something besides an Elio. Oh well. Make mine True Blue, and the biggest effort this un-stylish old intestinal gas expulsion will be makin' will be deciding placement of the silver/gray racing stripe.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a complaint, heck, what'd anybody talk about at coffee if everybody agreed about everything ? Having said that, I've gotta' admit I'm puzzled by the amount of folks who seem to want an Elio of their own so they can do their best to make it look like something besides an Elio. Oh well. Make mine True Blue, and the biggest effort this un-stylish old intestinal gas expulsion will be makin' will be deciding placement of the silver/gray racing stripe.

I don't care what they want to do with it as long as they buy one! ;):D

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I understand it, there is no paint involved; the color is "baked in", like the colored gelcoat on a Corvette. (Reportedly, Elio is using the same material and manufacturing method for body panels as is Corvette)

Reactions: DWR
Top Bottom