• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Conflicting Production Start Dates

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
"While these aero driven changes were affecting the very heart of Paul’s original vision of the design, it was agreed the modifications were necessary to stay the course and achieve our key mileage position. Given this, and knowing that our consumers appreciate their own take on styling, the ability to customize the design to ones personal liking will remain in aftermarket options". EM

Aftermarket options? I thought you were going to be able to customize your Elio through Elio, before delivery.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aftermarket options? I thought you were going to be able to customize your Elio through Elio, before delivery.
I belive there is a list that lets you add certain things like cruise control. That might be added when you go to the sales floor and order the Elio. Also at the factory pick-up. I hope so.

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I belive their is a list that lets you add certain things like cruise control. That might be added when you go to the salesfloor and order the Elio. Also at the factory pick-up. I hope so.
I think they should jack the price $250 and include CC on every car. I think if they don't, that would make 95% of the cars special orders.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think they should jack the price $250 and include CC on every car. I think if they don't, that would make 95% of the cars special orders.
It's my understanding that the current 'showroom' delivery model would entail purchase of the vehicle and options one day with delivery occurring the next day. If that's the case. 100% of the vehicles will be 'special order'.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the current 'showroom' delivery model would entail purchase of the vehicle and options one day with delivery occurring the next day. If that's the case. 100% of the vehicles will be 'special order'.

Having a little experience with six sigma and work cell configuration in manufacturing, installing the CC on the assembly line is much faster (cheaper) than it would be if done at the show room. If an option is required on a car, that means the manufacturing process for that car, even though it has been delivered, is not complete till the customer takes delivery. Eliminating this step at the show room for 95% of the cars delivered, would decrease cost for the show room and the time required for that task, thus increasing it’s efficiency. Why would you send a car with only one turn signal to a show room knowing the customer is going to order the other one. Remember, there will only be 5 (I think this will increase with orders) people working at each show room. Someone will have to answer phones and attend to customers.

Is there anyone here who is going to order a car without CC?

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having a little experience with six sigma and work cell configuration in manufacturing, installing the CC on the assembly line is much faster (cheaper).....

Since the car will have all the necessary wheel position sensors already installed for the standard ABS and traction control, and the throttle control will more than likely be fly by wire. This means that all the info and control interfaces are already there, so at the dealer they will simply install a module (this might even already be there) and a user interface to allow us to interact with the system. The install would be very quick and easy; ie cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom