• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Conflicting Production Start Dates

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it just ironic that nobody here owns or operates an auto manufacturing plant. I bet that given the chance, all of us on this forum put together probably couldn't get one of the robotic arms to move let alone mount a door or windshield, let alone a whole manufacturing plant of robotics. Then for a engineer to develop a national platform, which in turn produced near a 100,000 followers. Those followers have produced 10,000 plus people willing to put down some hard earned cash into a dream that may never happen. Paul has assembled a team of experienced VP's that are working vigorously to make this dream a reality. There task at hand is more complicated than building an autocycle. They have to build it, tear it down and build again; over and over to develop a process flow on the assembly. They have millions of questions to answer and each time they answer one it probably creates two or three new questions. I have performed many Kaizen (process flow reorganization) events for my current employer. Which is where we work with staff to improve the efficient flow of a warehouse operation. This generally involves 2-10 people to plan and normally takes a week to do. We are only working with a simple processing flow in a 5,000-15,000 square foot warehouse and we are only improving on something that already exists. To build a car company from the ground up has to be a MONUMENTAL task, WOW! We should focus on the positive, it's only a three month delay and not another 12 month delay. I can wait an additional three months. If you can't wait, start your own car company, I'm sure it's easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it just ironic that nobody here owns or operates an auto manufacturing plant. I bet that given the chance, all of us on this forum put together probably couldn't get one of the robotic arms to move let alone mount a door or windshield, let alone a whole manufacturing plant of robotics. Then for a engineer to develop a national platform, which in turn produced near a 100,000 followers. Those followers have produced 10,000 plus people willing to put down some hard earned cash into a dream that may never happen. Paul has assembled a team of experienced VP's that are working vigorously to make this dream a reality. There task at hand is more complicated than building an autocycle. They have to build it, tear it down and build again; over and over to develop a process flow on the assembly. They have millions of questions to answer and each time they answer one it probably creates two or three new questions. I have performed many Kaizen (process flow reorganization) events for my current employer. Which is where we work with staff to improve the efficient flow of a warehouse operation. This generally involves 2-10 people to plan and normally takes a week to do. We are only working with a simple processing flow in a 5,000-15,000 square foot warehouse and we are only improving on something that already exists. To build a car company from the ground up has to be a MONUMENTAL task, WOW! We should focus on the positive, it's only a three month delay and not another 12 month delay. I can wait an additional three months. If you can't wait, start your own car company, I'm sure it's easy.

Back in the mid 80s when I lived in Michigan, I was in a program, automotive robotics engineering, until the UAW got the program shutdown.

It was for a company that was going to build robots to build cars. For some reason the UAW did not want them in Michigan, so they pulled up stakes and left town leaving a trail of feathers.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Building one car, or even a small number of cars at a time, by hand with little testing or process optimization is relatively easy and there are plenty of companies that have done it. The results vary widely in quality and are usually somewhat expensive per unit.

Properly engineering and testing a new vehicle then setting up a factory and lining up suppliers for the type of mass production is takes to really keep prices low while still building a reliable product is a very complex process which takes many people, and numerous companies, working together. Doing it right takes a good bit of time and money.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Building one car, or even a small number of cars at a time, by hand with little testing or process optimization is relatively easy and there are plenty of companies that have done it. The results vary widely in quality and are usually somewhat expensive per unit.

Properly engineering and testing a new vehicle then setting up a factory and lining up suppliers for the type of mass production is takes to really keep prices low while still building a reliable product is a very complex process which takes many people, and numerous companies, working together. Doing it right takes a good bit of time and money.
Like your post.

Flexible ordering and adjustable production rate=$$$$$$$$$$$$.

"While these aero driven changes were affecting the very heart of Paul’s original vision of the design, it was agreed the modifications were necessary to stay the course and achieve our key mileage position. Given this, and knowing that our consumers appreciate their own take on styling, the ability to customize the design to ones personal liking will remain in aftermarket options". EM

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just read on the FB site that Paul Elio now predicts 2nd quarter 2015...another delay? Can anyone confirm he said this?

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I have worked on robots.. Part of my work..

Top Bottom