• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

As I See It, Gloves Off...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More importantly, which side is the plug on? and does it come in yellow?
A man after my heart, I promised not to bring up the color (I won't say it), Jerome mentioned to me when I asked, they will evaluate, after the first year, and drop the least favorite to be replaced by (you will not get it out of me), call me a coward but don't call me................

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A man after my heart, I promised not to bring up the color (I won't say it), Jerome mentioned to me when I asked, they will evaluate, after the first year, and drop the least favorite to be replaced by (you will not get it out of me), call me a coward but don't call me................
yellow.png

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am curious though: how many here on the forums actually need an Elio? By this I mean, for how many of us would it be a life-changing financial miracle? I'm certainly in that crowd, but it seems a lot of people here are drawn to it for different reasons.
not I it'll just be another "toy" replacing motorcycles that I and my knees chose to no longer ride.
The day I went all-in, was the day I first saw it mentioned. (I figured about 20k) and at $6.800, was less than my last 3 bikes!!

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with the "don't need" group. I just want it. Tired of driving the truck just to get my ass back and forth to work. I'd rather wear out an Elio, use less gas doing it, and take advantage of being able to use the HOT/HOV lanes for free.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am curious though: how many here on the forums actually need an Elio? By this I mean, for how many of us would it be a life-changing financial miracle? I'm certainly in that crowd, but it seems a lot of people here are drawn to it for different reasons.

Need is an interesting word. As I mentioned in another post, I did an 1800 mile round trip to my niece over Christmas. I'd like to visit my nephew, about 1600 mile round trip, and my favorite cousin 2400 mile round trip, not to mention some friends in the north east, about 4000 miles round trip.
My truck gets about 14 mpg on the interstate, 17 mpg on regular highways. I figure 'at speed', the Elio will do about 60 mpg.
That equals a bunch of trips.
Do I need it? I can live without it, but it sure would be nice gas savings. Even at $2.00- pump prices.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suppose when I say "need" I mean the difference in what I spend on a car now and post-Elio would be significant. Based on some rough calculations, it would be about equivalent to a $0.50/hr raise. It's true that the Elio has a lot of other wonderful things going for it, but for me and mine this is the main draw. Heck, the only way I could convince my wife that we should buy one was when I showed her the savings calculations; at the very worst we'd be spending the same as we are now for my current commute, but instead we'd be buying a brand new car. And once it's paid off we'd be saving a lot more per month.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why do you feel this is necessary to post here?
Because the poster I was responding to seemed to indicate that the motive for an Elio purchase was the "need" for such a car, rather than simply wanting another car.

I've done the math. I don't drive much. The Elio really wouldn't save me much money at all.... But I wanted one. Still love the concept, mind you, but I already bought my "and."

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suppose when I say "need" I mean the difference in what I spend on a car now and post-Elio would be significant. Based on some rough calculations, it would be about equivalent to a $0.50/hr raise. It's true that the Elio has a lot of other wonderful things going for it, but for me and mine this is the main draw. Heck, the only way I could convince my wife that we should buy one was when I showed her the savings calculations; at the very worst we'd be spending the same as we are now for my current commute, but instead we'd be buying a brand new car. And once it's paid off we'd be saving a lot more per month.
I "want" it and I "need" it too! I need it for those "and" times that does not "need" my regular car...and I "want" it because it's cool! No way I will be left out on the future annual "STURGIS ELIO(3wheeler) RALLY! :cool::D

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I "need" a good commuter car. I have one but it will soon need replacing. I "want" the Elio to be that replacement. I will keep my current commuter going until my Elio comes off the line :D. I have other cars to drive so I'm not in a tight spot.

Top Bottom