• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Within A 60 Mile Drive To A Pep Boys?

Are You Within A 60 Mile Drive To A Pep Boys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Roseville, CA is about 320 miles from you and there's multiple Pepboys in the Sacramento area. Also about 320 miles away, but I would opt for SF. An Elio and PCH would be a great combo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pepboys in Chico 212 miles, EM store in Roseville 318 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You would think our forum was a good cross-section of the USA, right? If Elio is covering 90% of the population and this poll only shows 77% within 60 miles, what kind of mileage would be required to hit their 90% number? Maybe they consider anyone within 100 miles covered. Maybe 200? I wonder how close to a Pep Boys you have to be to be considered "within their coverage area"... Okay, we can include the Elio stores in there too.

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The nearest Pep Boys is 190 miles away in Charlotte, NC. I haven't seen the Elio map, but I figure that will also be the location of the nearest store.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
You would think our forum was a good cross-section of the USA, right? If Elio is covering 90% of the population and this poll only shows 77% within 60 miles, what kind of mileage would be required to hit their 90% number? Maybe they consider anyone within 100 miles covered. Maybe 200? I wonder how close to a Pep Boys you have to be to be considered "within their coverage area"... Okay, we can include the Elio stores in there too.

This is where you have to read what the marketing department has written very closely. They actually wrote that 90% of their owners will be covered not 90% of the population. This is an important distinction because it is likely that the 90% is calculated knowing that almost all their sales will come from within a certain distance of the 60 initial markets for this vehicles.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is where you have to read what the marketing department has written very closely. They actually wrote that 90% of their owners will be covered not 90% of the population. This is an important distinction because it is likely that the 90% is calculated knowing that almost all their sales will come from within a certain distance of the 60 initial markets for this vehicles.
Possibly but our poll, though informal it may be, is a poll of people who either have deposits down or have a high probability of purchasing. At present, 77% of future owners are covered. There's a big chunk right now that aren't within the 60 miles that the poll asks. Now, Elio never stated what it means to be "covered". They could say that anyone within 1,000 miles of a Pep Boys is "within the coverage area". Now, there's no way they did that, but I hope you get my drift. I was wondering if maybe they are claiming that anyone within 100 miles is considered covered. It could also be that our poll doesn't reflect actual reservations.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly but our poll, though informal it may be, is a poll of people who either have deposits down or have a high probability of purchasing. At present, 77% of future owners are covered. There's a big chunk right now that aren't within the 60 miles that the poll asks. Now, Elio never stated what it means to be "covered". They could say that anyone within 1,000 miles of a Pep Boys is "within the coverage area". Now, there's no way they did that, but I hope you get my drift. I was wondering if maybe they are claiming that anyone within 100 miles is considered covered. It could also be that our poll doesn't reflect actual reservations.

Our poll, while a fun thing for members to participate in, has no real scientific basis for accuracy. It is fun to see the poll results however I think it would be nearly impossible to draw any real conclusions from these small polls alone.

The fact of the matter is that the Elio Motors marketing people can craft this 90% coverage number any way they wish as it is just a marketing claim. My guess is that they just looked at the 60 initial markets and realized that pep boys "covers" 90% of those markets then called it a day.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps the opportunity for yet another poll. If you have a Pep Boys within 60 miles would you feel comfortable using them to service your Elio. It seems every time I mention Elio....somebody has some negative comment about Pep Boys. Checking on line reviews......not that good either. What's the real scoop on Pep Boys quality? I ass'u'me Elio would only align themselves with a high quality servicing network?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Our poll, while a fun thing for members to participate in, has no real scientific basis for accuracy. It is fun to see the poll results however I think it would be nearly impossible to draw any real conclusions from these small polls alone.

The fact of the matter is that the Elio Motors marketing people can craft this 90% coverage number any way they wish as it is just a marketing claim. My guess is that they just looked at the 60 initial markets and realized that pep boys "covers" 90% of those markets then called it a day.
My guess is that they just looked at the 60 initial markets and realized that pep boys "covers" 90% of those markets then called it a day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQZL59O6cTVppiQjn6PoMJFuv4k73XMSpWYAHsExDpTX9uo9oaww.png
upload_2014-5-14_18-46-56.jpeg

EM showrooms in OHIO
Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and Cleveland

Pep Boys locations in OHIO
Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and Newark with none in Cleveland or North or Eastern OHIO

Top Bottom