• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Within A 60 Mile Drive To A Pep Boys?

Are You Within A 60 Mile Drive To A Pep Boys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of auto repair.
Check other nationally known chains, Goodyear, Firestone, SEARS! Pep Boys are in good company!
Again, not necessarily defending Manny, Moe or Jack but most people think they know what's wrong with their car and how cheaply it should be fixed, regardless of the amount of torture and neglect it's been subjected to.
Besides your description also fit's about every new car dealership that car came from! :(
Regrettably, :oops: I bought a used car from a dealership where they had added sawdust to the transmission, it shifted fine when I bought it but very quickly went south on me. Luckily I had a friend in the transmission business who went with me to point out, to the dealer, the error in their ways.
Got a shiny new tranny, although they swore they had no idea!! ;)
And that's why I have a trusted mechanic 2 blocks away. Pep Boys will only see my Elio if it is a warranty problem!

Geordie97

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pep Boys...I have no idea. EM Showroom, maybe 15-20 miles depending on where they put it. If they put it where I want it to go, because it would be the perfect place, then about 3 miles.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pep Boys...I have no idea. EM Showroom, maybe 15-20 miles depending on where they put it. If they put it where I want it to go, because it would be the perfect place, then about 3 miles.

unless I'm mistaken, an EM Showroom and Pep Boys are two very different entities .... from what I've read, there won't be any service (warranty or otherwise) performed at an EM Showroom

Jim

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it needs service, you just trade it in a new one, to be delivered
What you talking about Wheely?

upload_2014-11-4_15-28-2.jpeg

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Closest PB is about 90 miles from me (Charlotte & Raleigh area). There used to be one 'in town' (Winston-Salem NC) about 20 miles away. I emailed PB's customer service asking if they had any plans to open one in my area any time within the next 2 years. That was a week ago and not a peep from them.

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Closest PB is about 90 miles from me (Charlotte & Raleigh area). There used to be one 'in town' (Winston-Salem NC) about 20 miles away. I emailed PB's customer service asking if they had any plans to open one in my area any time within the next 2 years. That was a week ago and not a peep from them.
Quick follow-up to this: It appears, right now, that PB and Elio are leaving a big void in the center of NC. There's a lot of flyover country between Charlotte and Raleigh.

Top Bottom