• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suggested the DOE ATVM loan funding option to Arcimoto for the development of their SRK EV. Their response was interesting:

image.jpeg

Arcimoto has used 'angle investor' private venture capital over the past 8 years to fund their dream up to the SRK Gen 8 production model currently on tour. They ask for a simple $100 refundable reservation deposit for a spot in line. Arcimoto's SRK funding has/is spent on daily operations geared to concept development...................not marketing. The advertising budget will no doubt kick into high gear when there is a product available to market. A financially responsible business model and very admirable.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fully enclosed with extended battery pack.....more and more enticing. Also verified that the production model will have windshield wipers...kind of a must have for around here.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fully enclosed with extended battery pack.....more and more enticing. Also verified that the production model will have windshield wipers...kind of a must have for around here.
I'm liking the SRK too and about to go all in with a $100 refundable reservation deposit. Looks like a blast to ride and actually is according to the test riders along with seeing the expressions on their faces and hearing the hoots in some of the vids. I need the enclosure, but the 70 mile base model range works for my everyday driving needs. $11,900 + the enclosure option - the electric motorcycle tax credit incentive = a very affordable everyday electric commuter fast, fun, and highly maneuverable for this old geezer.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My only hesitation right now is the thought of traveling the HOT lanes here where if you're not doing 80mph you're the road hazard.

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you travel the hot lanes riding your MC?
Not yet. I did when they were HOV lanes but after a few close calls I parked it. Considering getting it back on the road for next season and using it on the HOT lanes when weather permits. Will use the new exit on the HOT lane south of my normal and then north on route 1 to home.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not yet. I did when they were HOV lanes but after a few close calls I parked it. Considering getting it back on the road for next season and using it on the HOT lanes when weather permits. Will use the new exit on the HOT lane south of my normal and then north on route 1 to home.
We don't have this here; so what is the difference between HOV and HOT lanes?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently, HOT lanes are HOV lanes on toll roads which are exempt from the toll. At least that's what google told me. I have no direct experience as toll roads are essentially non-existent where I live.

Top Bottom