• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last month I went shopping for alternatives to the Elio and every single hatchback had a rear windshield wiper. I happened to test drive it on a rainy day, there was absolutely no need for that wiper for rear vision.
I initially thought that was the case when I got my Subaru hatch after moving from a sedan.
There are times when it really is necessary, especially in areas where roads get treated.
It gets enough moisture/spray to get covered in salt/sediment but not enough to subsequently rinse off in the same way a windshield does.
I use mine more for the clean/wipe combo then just having the wiper on in the rain.
Heavy enough rain and I'll turn it on just because I have it, but it's utility is in clearing grime.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. My 1990 Geo metro has separate headlight and wiper switched on the dash and the turn signal is that plus dimmer. I drive a lot at night on winding roads which requires me to keep one hand on the turn signal at all times since I have to turn off the high beams at a moment's notice. I long for the days of the floor dimmer switch!
What happen

What Happened to the Floor-Mounted Dimmer Switch?
Read more at http://www.arcamax.com/automotive/ericauto/s-977967#JI6BhQeb1bafusGd.99

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SKU171475_3.jpg
Universal_Wiper_Device_for_Helmets.jpg
Motorcycle Helmet Wiper
View attachment 4683

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
with the Elio, wouldn't matter if you were right or left handed- you can reach the windshield from both sides!

Good point! Not to change the subject, that is, if there was one to this thread, but has anyone else used RainX? If applied per instructions on the bottle, that stuff is amazing! The little Elio windshield would be perfect for that stuff considering the angle it sets at.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point! Not to change the subject, that is, if there was one to this thread, but has anyone else used RainX? If applied per instructions on the bottle, that stuff is amazing! The little Elio windshield would be perfect for that stuff considering the angle it sets at.
I agree, Rain X is da-bomb!

Top Bottom