• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To really get the ELIO going It needs to be on the road. You have to get the darn thing in peoples driveway. In the parking lot at work at the walmart. That is when the largest number of people will go to the sight and seriously consider buying one. The number of us will to go out on a limb are limited. The number that would put down a $1000 with no guarantee of ever seeing it are even less. Forget the dumb dash board and the techy stuff get it on the road.
Willing to place cash on if I drove one into work 3 others would buy one.
I cannot like this post enough. Well said, Smitty!

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking that investors looking at the $6800 might say "deliver the reservations at the $6800 commitment, but we won't invest unless the price and margin go up"

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking that investors looking at the $6800 might say "deliver the reservations at the $6800 commitment, but we won't invest unless the price and margin go up"

Or they say; "you can build and distribute how many Elio's? And it's made on shore? Sorry Apple, this is where the next growth will be."

money-eyes-emoticon.png

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Investors don't GAF about that touchy-feely stuff. They invest to make return higher than on other investments.
Investors invest in what everyone wants, and buys, regardless of how frivolous it is. We really need phablets, Dolce & Gabbana jeans and McRibs? Investors follow the GAF.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Investors don't GAF about that touchy-feely stuff. They invest to make return higher than on other investments.

I think you hit the nail on the head! The whole point of the Elio is to provide reasonably priced, reliable transportation for those who are struggling to make a living. As it stands, Paul and the team have created a vehicle that provides excellent value at a bare minimum profit margin...Not the kind of thing that attracts big investors...in this country, no matter how low the risk. Might be the kind of thing that interests foreign investors tho. You know, the kind that buy up huge bundles of 30yr fixed mortgages at 3% fixed? Lol, Wouldn't that be ironic?...foreigner getting the credit for making the Elio a success? ;) :)

James Lee

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I feel like such an idiot. I've seen the production date pushed back four (4) times. They've had my 'all in 1K" for almost two years. I, now, have to admit that I think this is a scam and I'm a big sucker. My reservation number is 3412...Does anyone besides me think they've been had ?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel like such an idiot. I've seen the production date pushed back four (4) times. They've had my 'all in 1K" for almost two years. I, now, have to admit that I think this is a scam and I'm a big sucker. My reservation number is 3412...Does anyone besides me think they've been had ?
No. Check back in a year and a half. Lots of time.

Top Bottom