• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Elio Blog With Nothing New...

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lot has changed since they conspired to put Mr. Tucker out of business.
There is the possibility that many in government won't go out of their way to help EM...
But, I agree, those individuals and organizations certainly don't want the blame for it's failure either.

I don't know much about Tucker except what little I saw in the movie (so probably not much that's true). The movie seemed to portray him as having smeared the entire auto industry. I see Paul's efforts as more collaborative, trying to leverage existing supply channels to keep costs low. Hopefully they see it as an opportunity to make more money and sell people on the "And" car idea, so maybe the public feels less guilty about their poor gas milage SUV purchase.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reading what is out there is not a negative attitude, it is a realistic one.

Read whatever you want to read.
But read it critically.
If you believe everything you read without critically evaluating it you will believe someone when they tell you 2 + 2 = 5.
Or you may believe there is such a thing as "Free Lunch".
And when you re-post it without comment you are saying you believe it.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Webcams in the E-model build shop would be nice! Not seeing anything, progress-wise, lets some people's imaginations run wild.
Perhaps, but it won't stop the Monday Morning Engineering. I remember when my 20+ story office building was being built, the builders set up web cams so the incoming tenants would be able to see the progress. The resulting second-guessing was amazing. On the basis of standard resolution webcam images alone, people were demanding that heads roll because of perceived flaws in the design and construction of the building, even going so far as to question whether the building was even level.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Read whatever you want to read.
But read it critically.
If you believe everything you read without critically evaluating it you will believe someone when they tell you 2 + 2 = 5.
Or you may believe there is such a thing as "Free Lunch".
And when you re-post it without comment you are saying you believe it.
I don't believe anything I read. I read everything EM puts out as news and read it critically. I find EM's news of late vague and easy to evaluate. My dilemma is even though it's easy to evaluate it is puzzling and confusing: not knowing the progress of the E builds and not knowing which production schedule to believe the Q4 2016 or the March 2017 are just two examples. Sadly, as a result I have gotten more critical of news like EM's Friday Blog update regarding Super Bowl facts. I'm looking for facts regarding the Elio.

Critical thinking says that performance details like the final mpg and cost would be locked in by now based on a completed prototype testing since a national TV advertising campaign has started. Also, it would be comforting to see and hear a guaranteed delivery statement at this point in time. That's not meant to be critical.

William, I personally believe what I believe and certainly not asking you or others to share my belief. It's a forum on which members have a variety of beliefs regarding the Elio and I respect and appreciate that, providing religion and politics stay out of the discussion. I read all posts critically..........even yours.

FREE LUNCH IS SERVED! I have seen people take advantage of a free lunch. It's not for me, but I believe such a thing exists.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It all boils down to the statement..............."Don't tell me...SHOW ME."
tumblr_inline_n25mvagQrN1qc1qjy.jpg

Top Bottom