• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Message To The Elio Team

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just came back from all the other sites.
In the past, when the "Big Three", and all the others, made announcements of model starts, or
changes, I don't ever remember the public making so many demands, like they were
a part of the "Creation" of the product. That's why I've changed my signature.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the gauges. The mock-up is obviously just a representation of what it could look like, but I like the idea. It is unique. Seems easy enough to read to me.
Then again, I'm a watch guy. I like watches, I like the gauges.

As far as being a safety concern, why would that be? My wifes Honda CRZ has a digital readout for MPH. There is no 'positional reference' for that either, but it has no adverse safety effects as far as I can tell any time I've driven it.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just posted a message on the Elio web site, I'd be interested in seeing if I receive a reply.....
This was the message:
""A message to the E Team and Mr. Elio....Do you all read these posts and the posts at other web sites ??. I think NOT....because if you all did you would find that the so-called Elgin dash board is NOT well liked. If anything it is a safety factor and I'm sure once the car/motorcycle mag's review the vehicle you all will be put down for creating a beautiful machine and then screwing it up with a gosh awful dashboard. If the vehicle must have this Elgin dash then make it an option for the very few that MAY want it and leave the set-up that the P4 has. I'm sure those who have made a reservation ( all-in ) should have have a say in this matter and their opinion should be considered, after all they are the ones who are pushing this vehicle not the E team
A disgrunted ( all-in 1K supporter ) ""
If it actually comes with the Elgin dash I'm just gonna tell everyone that It's the latest thing. My friends won't know the differance. :DLOL

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just posted a message on the Elio web site, I'd be interested in seeing if I receive a reply.....
This was the message:
""A message to the E Team and Mr. Elio....Do you all read these posts and the posts at other web sites ??. I think NOT....because if you all did you would find that the so-called Elgin dash board is NOT well liked. If anything it is a safety factor and I'm sure once the car/motorcycle mag's review the vehicle you all will be put down for creating a beautiful machine and then screwing it up with a gosh awful dashboard. If the vehicle must have this Elgin dash then make it an option for the very few that MAY want it and leave the set-up that the P4 has. I'm sure those who have made a reservation ( all-in ) should have have a say in this matter and their opinion should be considered, after all they are the ones who are pushing this vehicle not the E team
A disgrunted ( all-in 1K supporter ) ""

Sorry, but I don't think he gives a sh!t. It's his vehicle design, not yours. If you want to design a vehicle - do it. Reach for the stars.
How is the Elgin dash different from the early Toronado dashes? Yes, yes, rotated 90* but the same idea. Didn't see people gettin' killed left 'n' right in those because the speedo didn't have a needle.
My guess is it'll still end up being an option. An option I'll likely opt for. If it's coded for the Elgin face, it can be reprogrammed into anything I choose.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't think he gives a sh!t. It's his vehicle design, not yours. If you want to design a vehicle - do it. Reach for the stars.
How is the Elgin dash different from the early Toronado dashes? Yes, yes, rotated 90* but the same idea. Didn't see people gettin' killed left 'n' right in those because the speedo didn't have a needle.
My guess is it'll still end up being an option. An option I'll likely opt for. If it's coded for the Elgin face, it can be reprogrammed into anything I choose.
Ah yes. I forgot about the Toronado's rotary display. Pretty cool if you ask me.
0806_03_z%2B1966-1967_oldsmobile_toronado%2Brolling_drum_speedometer.jpg

Top Bottom