• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe production will be about January, 2018. Here is my reasoning.

The 100 preproduction vehicles will be delivered to “fleet” in December 2016. I estimate they will be driven approximately 6 months then go to Roush for analysis. This would be July 2017. Any design changes Roush comes up with would then be installed in a few vehicles and tried. If there are no further changes, NOW we have a definitive production design. These design changes of Roush must be incorporated into machinery and suppliers. This would probably be towards the end of 2017. But rather than start in 2017, I think they would interview people and set up to start in perhaps January 2018. (Avoiding the confusing holidays thanksgiving, Christmas, and new years.

Of course, this is highly speculative. We are all speculating. The fleet vehicles could be tried for a much shorter time. There could be many other events happening to influence outcome.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe production will be about January, 2018. Here is my reasoning.

The 100 preproduction vehicles will be delivered to “fleet” in December 2016. I estimate they will be driven approximately 6 months then go to Roush for analysis. This would be July 2017. Any design changes Roush comes up with would then be installed in a few vehicles and tried. If there are no further changes, NOW we have a definitive production design. These design changes of Roush must be incorporated into machinery and suppliers. This would probably be towards the end of 2017. But rather than start in 2017, I think they would interview people and set up to start in perhaps January 2018. (Avoiding the confusing holidays thanksgiving, Christmas, and new years.

Of course, this is highly speculative. We are all speculating. The fleet vehicles could be tried for a much shorter time. There could be many other events happening to influence outcome.
More likely to be in production by Summer 2017 in my estimation. The E-25 has already seen much input by Roush and is really the where various issues are resolved for a really road worthy autocycle by the quote unquote 100 fleet preproduction which is 4th quarter 2016 still! We would have 99 percent of what we end up with in the production model I imagine, but that 1 percent is critical to maximizing the mpg even higher than might have been predicted. It's a way to have another shot at that, the 1 percent. Our opinion is based on Google search Elio Motors News and the fact that we went all in $1000 with the $900 upgrade on 5/30!

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's unlikely that 100 Elios driving around for 6 months would really tell Roush anything they can't already figure out with one of the 25 P Elios. Sure, they'd learn some wear and tear stuff but so what? It's unlikely that two companies would sit on their collective butts and wait around 6 months in the hopes that some yahoo drives just right to give them some data that may or may not even be useful. It's FAR more likely that they'll either get the data they want quickly OR, more likely in my book, just use the production of the 100 for loan purposes and proof that "Hey, we actually manufactured vehicles!" which would probably help keep them out of hot water with Caddo Parish and Racer Trust.

But, that's just my 2 cents. It's also just an opinion... Just like asses, everyone has an opinion. (and I don't want to see them all, you know.)

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got the update on production. Looks like they're finally getting things rolling!?
That's what I've been waiting for! !
Lets Do This!!!!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got the update on production. Looks like they're finally getting things rolling!?
That's what I've been waiting for! !
Lets Do This!!!!!
Those are the E-series 25 they will be using for testing only; and it all being done just outside of Detroit.
It feels really good; but I'll be a lot happier when I see the 100 come off the assembly line.
It will be such a relief when we hear "the ATV loan is here"!!
That will be a reason to party!! :cheer2:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Top Bottom