• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When?

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's for someone smarter than I.
I would think they would only put on those needed for the 100, but can't see them firing up the plant then shutting it down again? ??
Someone else mentioned the same as well. .

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still wondering if the plant workers just go back to working in MacDonalds after they finish the 100 fleet vehicles or do they stay on and start working on ours?
MK
Just a guess, seems to me that the ones that should put together the 100 elios would be team leaders, and supervisors. That way, after the 100 fleet vehicles are built, they can get busy with writing training programs, safety program, and the rest of the pile of paper it takes to run an operation like that.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there an obligation on the part of EM to deliver 100 vehicles before the end of 2016? Perhaps an obligation to the Caddo parish or Racer's Trust or someone else. Could that be the real reason behind the 100 preproduction vehicles?

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there an obligation on the part of EM to deliver 100 vehicles before the end of 2016? Perhaps an obligation to the Caddo parish or Racer's Trust or someone else. Could that be the real reason behind the 100 preproduction vehicles?

At some point, I hope things start to happen just because Paul said they would. Maybe it is a subtle point, but a good leader knows how far an organization can be pushed. There are stretch goals and then there are pipe dreams. When you keep missing your stated goals, you need to put the pipe down. The problem is either larger than you anticipated or you are not approaching the problem correctly. Adapt. Overcome. Improvise.

Building the 100 (in Shreveport) seems only gated by finalizing the design, finalizing the facilitization of the plant, getting the suppliers to deliver the requisite parts and hiring and training a workforce. One of those four is multifaceted and quite difficult; I hope Continental, Roush, and others pick the "do it well / do it quickly" pair - leave "do it inexpensively" out of this. The year is half over. Pedal to the metal, please.

(I said "please". I think that is the only thing that has been missing. Stuff is gonna start happening at a rapid rate now.)

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will quote myself as a way of adding a thought to the post.

Funding is behind the scenes and kept quiet. Perhaps funding is available from someone but it is based on producing 100 vehicles before the year's end. Perhaps the 100 vehicles is a needed milestone for funding. I have seen in other large projects where milestones must be met for funding to be obtained.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will quote myself as a way of adding a thought to the post.

Funding is behind the scenes and kept quiet. Perhaps funding is available from someone but it is based on producing 100 vehicles before the year's end. Perhaps the 100 vehicles is a needed milestone for funding. I have seen in other large projects where milestones must be met for funding to be obtained.

Milestones to money is quite common in the residential building business. Small contractors often get "draws' on construction loans. They must complete a portion of the project to get a "draw". The bank will not extend money beyond the construction progress. Been there, done that.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been practicing folding myself in half so if I die before my ELIO (#11,492) arrives, I can be slid into the back and buried with the car. Dominos made a car into a warming oven so I can make my ELIO into a hearse and a coffin...

Top Bottom