• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Waffling On Base Price. Can They Make $6,800?

What will be the actual base price of the Elio (excluding taxes,delivery and paperwork)

• $6,800

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • $7,000

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • $7,200

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • $7,500

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • over $7,500

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If we trust EM to deliver, we should also trust that EM is striving to keep the base price as close to the $6800 base price target as possible along with achieving the other 3 tenants. Why speculate price point or signal to EM Marketing how much you are willing to pay over the anticipated $6800 base?

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You see dealing with Elio Motors as a power struggle. I see it as a collaboration. That will probably change, but for right now, I'm not trying to bargain with the company. They WANT to keep the price as low as they can. What they'll actually be able to do is not clear, which Elio (IMO) is signaling by the language changes around "$6800." So be as cranky as you like, but some of us aren't in your space.

I want them to try their very best without sacrificing quality. Use the engineering skills you posess to the best of your ability. But I beg no sacrifice to quality to hit 6800.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You see dealing with Elio Motors as a power struggle. I see it as a collaboration. That will probably change, but for right now, I'm not trying to bargain with the company. They WANT to keep the price as low as they can. What they'll actually be able to do is not clear, which Elio (IMO) is signaling by the language changes around "$6800." So be as cranky as you like, but some of us aren't in your space.

You are making an erroneous assumption about my motives.
I believe that Elio will make every effort to achieve their original price point.
I can see no reason to discourage them from making their best efforts.
At the end of the day I believe Elio Motors will have made their best effort to achieve all of their original goals.
Keep in mind, it's their reputation that they are dealing with.
How successful they will be remains to be seen.
But whether they make those goals or not, I'm still with them.

CROSSBOLT

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The longer it takes the less likely the target will be met due to INFLATION. Yes, there IS inflation regardless of what anyone says. That's why the candy bars get smaller and the coffee cans get shorter.

Karl

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The longer it takes the less likely the target will be met due to INFLATION. Yes, there IS inflation regardless of what anyone says. That's why the candy bars get smaller and the coffee cans get shorter.

Karl
Keep in mind The Original Hello Elio Campaign back in '08 had the Elio base at $7500 and 7 years later $6800. So much for the inflation theory.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Karl
Corporate America thinks we aren't on to their profit making tactics of smaller containers. Inflation should raise the price of a product not shrink it down. Wait a minute perhaps we will end up with a single seater Elio by the time it makes production. lol

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets say the inflation on the dollar has averaged .02 percent for 5 years. That's only about $68 added to the target price. This year has averaged less than .02 percent so I don't see paying much over the original $6800. If this were a government owned company we could have started production in 2008 and supply one for free to everyone in the nation. Anyone need an Obama phone?
Doesn't work that way.
It's the cummulative inflation rate (not the average) since 2008 (10.5%).
In other words, an Elio that I would have payed $6800 for in 2008 would cost me $7515.11 today.

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, it's optimism.

Back in early '14 Elio quoted
1K profit p/unit. This doesn't
include any 'cafe credits' @
2.4K p/ unit. So even if the
'autocycle' bill is late or not
forthcoming there is room.