• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Waffling On Base Price. Can They Make $6,800?

What will be the actual base price of the Elio (excluding taxes,delivery and paperwork)

• $6,800

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • $7,000

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • $7,200

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • $7,500

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • over $7,500

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio Autocycle Vehicle Classification will unlikely ever CAFE credit qualify. The $6800 base target price will no doubt be very close which is amazing. No fact just opinion.

Paul Elio did tell the Caddo Parrish Commissioners early on that EM was working on legislation to classify the Elio as a car so they could qualify for CAFE Credits allowing for big profits. Cars and Pickups are the only vehicle classfication CAFE credit qualifiers as I recall.

Last edited:

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No CAFE credit it does not qualify and that will be unlikely to change. If that were the case Harley's electric bike would be on the market in a flash even at cost.

Better to ask what you can buy for $6,800 dollars.
Small motorcycle Not much else in the motorcycle/Auto world. ELIO motors likely does not know yet. What are they going to have to pay workers?
Will they run into AWU issues. They can guess at what cost maybe , but they are no where near really knowing.
I fully expect to pay considerably more for my ELIO #8019 should the email come some day requiring full payment as it is due to roll out the door.
I also some what expect to kiss my $1000 good by as a gambling debt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No CAFE credit it does not qualify and that will be unlikely to change. If that were the case Harley's electric bike would be on the market in a flash even at cost.
If a honest reply to the question is given here you will be labeled a hater and receive many warning from the mods. Even when you are all in and they are not.
Better to ask what you can buy for $6,800 dollars.
Small motorcycle Not much else in the motorcycle/Auto world. ELIO motors likely does not know yet. What are they going to have to pay workers?
Will they run into AWU issues. They can guess at what cost maybe , but they are no where near really knowing.
I fully expect to pay considerably more for my ELIO #8019 should the email come some day requiring full payment as it is due to roll out the door.
I also some what expect to kiss my $1000 good by as a gambling debt.
I'd like to see Harley D add a third wheel and enclose cabin the Harley Electric. It would create a new market and allow retiring Harley bikers the option to ride in comfort.

It will likely be a non-union shop, but regardless what they pay workers, EM qualifies for the States Economic development program that guarantees EM a 10% + incentive payback on their total EM payroll for 10-15 years. Plus other economic incentives to do business in Louisiana. EM will be generating profits from other areas than just Autocycles and options sales revenue.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
ELIO motors likely does not know yet. What are they going to have to pay workers?
Will they run into AWU issues.
No they won't.
Toyota, Honda, Nissan, BMW, Tesla and others aren't Union shops, no reason that Elio has to be either.
And it's UAW = United Auto Workers not AWU

CROSSBOLT

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Gasoline is cheaper today than 1932 IF you use Gold as the standard. Coffee cans are smaller because of inflation. The Elio going from 7500 to 6800 is either good management, better planning, engineering and/or estimation or possibly a marketing ploy. I would like to believe it is one or more of the first bunch. In any case, the Elio is a neat idea and I may actually spring for one. It HAS TO BE BETTER than a Smart Car! I just hope it does not turn out like the Crazy Horse monument in South Dakota.

Karl

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gasoline is cheaper today than 1932 IF you use Gold as the standard. Coffee cans are smaller because of inflation. The Elio going from 7500 to 6800 is either good management, better planning, engineering and/or estimation or possibly a marketing ploy. I would like to believe it is one or more of the first bunch. In any case, the Elio is a neat idea and I may actually spring for one. It HAS TO BE BETTER than a Smart Car! I just hope it does not turn out like the Crazy Horse monument in South Dakota.

Karl
I bet you jump in when you see that P5 reveal. Welcome. Wait a minute I lived in South Dakota 64 years and I thought the Crazy Horse Monument was finally taking shape unless you mean it's taking way too long! lol

image.jpg

CROSSBOLT

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Wanted to see if someone got the point about Crazy Horse and you did! Yeah, WAY too long! Nice visitor center, gift shop, good scenery and history of the monument but no noticeable progress on the monument. Talk of a planned university and descendants living off the proceeds and that is about it. Hope this is not the same for the Elio.

Karl

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio Autocycle Vehicle Classification will unlikely ever CAFE credit qualify. The $6800 base target price will no doubt be very close which is amazing. No fact just opinion.

Paul Elio did tell the Caddo Parrish Commissioners early on that EM was working on legislation to classify the Elio as a car so they could qualify for CAFE Credits allowing for big profits. Cars and Pickups are the only vehicle classfication CAFE credit qualifiers as I recall.
I know Elio IS looking to carbon credits for a big draw to investors... depends on getting legislation passed.

Top Bottom