• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tough Sell?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I received new handout cards from Elio Motors today. They measure 4 x 11 inches 2-sided, on heavy stock -- bumper sticker size. See attached photos. EM will provide them if you ask (at least I think that's the case).

Attachments

• Elio Motors Info Card Back.jpg
    Elio Motors Info Card Back.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Elio Motors Info Card Front.jpg
    Elio Motors Info Card Front.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I received new handout cards from Elio Motors today. They measure 4 x 11 inches 2-sided, on heavy stock -- bumper sticker size. See attached photos. EM will provide them if you ask (at least I think that's the case).

Just for comparison, I am also attaching a pdf file of the one I developed for a big meeting last week. It measures 3 x 4.5 one one side of a sheet of paper and you can print them 4 up on a single sheet of 8.5 x 11 copy paper. It fits in a shirt pocket. Elio would not want you to use it. It is unofficial (and says so). It's just here for comparison. Of course.
I can see the 3x4.5 for a shirt pocket; but on paper it would be "cheezy". Think I'll wait for an official type hand out that will fit in your pocket (if they do one).
I've been thinking more about how I would really like to have something to hand out once we take delivery. If you could do some type of personal identifier and get some type of "reward points" from EM for anyone that would buy something from EM (either a Elio, or some type of Elio wear) with your ID showing who they heard about it from might be something to approach EM with. Just a thought.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see the 3x4.5 for a shirt pocket; but on paper it would be "cheezy". Think I'll wait for an official type hand out that will fit in your pocket (if they do one).
I've been thinking more about how I would really like to have something to hand out once we take delivery. If you could do some type of personal identifier and get some type of "reward points" from EM for anyone that would buy something from EM (either a Elio, or some type of Elio wear) with your ID showing who they heard about it from might be something to approach EM with. Just a thought.

I am all for pocket cards being issued or available to those members who want them. I have thought of creating the card file for everyone but realize that no one wants an unofficial or cheesy card. The "referral" that Coss suggested has merit. I would also like for members to have their reservation number printed on the sleeve or breast of their T shirts. Probably too late for that, but it would help identify members. One a different note, I wonder how many "original" T shirts "w/o tag" that clown has for sale?

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score

EM sent you those? How do I get them? Just send a request to the link on the website or some other mechanism?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am all for pocket cards being issued or available to those members who want them. I have thought of creating the card file for everyone but realize that no one wants an unofficial or cheesy card. The "referral" that Coss suggested has merit. I would also like for members to have their reservation number printed on the sleeve or breast of their T shirts. Probably too late for that, but it would help identify members. One a different note, I wonder how many "original" T shirts "w/o tag" that clown has for sale?
Never too late and anything's possible for the right price.

Take your shirt down to your local silk-screener with $20, and they'll put your number anywhere you want.

Why so much? If they're old school, it's the cost of making up a screen for just one shirt.

For the same amount, they'll probably embroider it for you instead if you like.

Note: The only drawback is I've heard they refuse to do it in yellow ;)

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They didn't want me to use my own design, which I had run by them first, and so sent the "cards" -- though at bumper sticker size they are awkard to handle. I mean, if you hand one out, where will the recipient put it? It's not convenient. However, Elio calls the shots -- unless you want to do something unofficial on your own, which they discourage. I contacted them about my design because I wanted to use the EM logo, and now that they're getting all corporate and "publicly traded" they are wanting more than ever to control their look, feel, and image. Which is entirely understandable. But they need to up their game to a higher level in terms of effectiveness of print collateral. This piece does not do that for reasons to lengthy to explain here.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the oversized "card" is good marketing.
It's going to be just a slight pain to get it home in one piece.
It won't get forgotten and washed in someone's shirt pocket...
Or get rediscovered weeks later in the back of a wallet or purse.
If it does get home, it's just large enough to nag the recipient...
Into at least going to the web site. I think it's deliberate and genius.

Score one for EM.

Top Bottom