• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

ElioDigger

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the inbox tonight.....

February 4, 2015

Dear Randall,

We wanted to give you advance notification, prior to the media being advised, that we are rescheduling the date for the official engine unveiling originally scheduled for Feb. 6 due to several key stakeholders having immovable scheduling conflicts. We are currently working with the key partners and the facility to quickly confirm a new date and will advise you accordingly.

Thank you for your support.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there a turbo available for my Elio?
There's not even an Elio available any time in the near future, much less any upgrades for it. Heck, I'd love to see an actual prototype! At this point I'd be excited if they just produced the engine for sale to third parties. Might give them some operating capitol and some real-world engine testing while they are trying to get an actual vehicle figured out. That way the engines would already have the reputation of being all they're hyped up to be, or they'd know if they got a turkey on their hands. Either way, better to know BEFORE you build thousands of vehicles around them.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The key to any vehicle is the power plant. I admire Paul Elio for his vision in building a new engine from scratch.

I know from personal experience how this can lead to great things. I used to work for the UK's largest excavator manufacturer and I soon learned how there had been historical problems with reliability of diesel engines which traditionally were designed, built and supplied by other manufacturers. These problems continued and things came to crisis point such they had a detrimental effect on the reputation of the company as a whole.

Eventually, the company decided it would be better to reach out on their own. An entire engine plant was built from scratch so that the quality of the product could be directly controlled. It was a great success and the company continues to go from strength to strength.

As a way of advertising the new engine, a "little" project was conceived and completed within a few months.

Not many will recognise this (first engine start in the project vehicle, the press were not invited to watch, but I was :) ).

th_MVI_0119.mp4.jpg

However, some of you might recognise this:

Top Bottom