• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a picture of the Elio engine some where on the web with some young people standing around it.
Saw this on FB its our little triple on its test stand.
[Broken External Image]
I asked Dusty who the people are in this picture. He said they are part of the Elio Tour Team traveling with the Elio Autocycle. He confirmed that the engine is the one we have been waiting for.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There is a picture of the Elio engine some where on the web with some young people standing around it.

I asked Dusty who the people are in this picture. He said they are part of the Elio Tour Team traveling with the Elio Autocycle. He confirmed that the engine is the one we have been waiting for.

most of the "Elio Wranglers" I saw when the tour was in Charlotte appeared to be pretty young

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a turbo available for my Elio?

Welcome Brian and welcome to ElioOwners.com from Atlanta, GA!

No turbo for at least the first year, and maybe longer, however we have been told that the engine block was designed to handle the stresses of a turbo-charged engine and that Elio Motors has left room in their assembly line design for turbo, and associated component, installation so there are plans for a turbo eventually.

In stock form we have been told that the Elio Motors engine will be detuned to maximize fuel efficiency and as such it is actually capable of roughly 20% more power simply with a PCM software upgrade. We have been told that EM currently does plan to offer this buyers within the first year however the exact timing has not yet been set.

Last edited:

brian henry

Reaction score
Welcome Brian and welcome to ElioOwners.com from Atlanta, GA!

No turbo for at least the first year, and maybe longer, however we have been told that the engine block was designed to handle the stresses of a turbo-charged engine and that Elio Motors has left room in their assembly line design for turbo, and associated component, installation so there are plans for a turbo eventually.

In stock form we have been told that the Elio Motors engine will be detuned to maximize fuel efficiency and as such it is actually capable of roughly 20% more power simply with a PCM software upgrade. We have been told that EM currently does plan to offer this buyers within the first year however the exact timing has not yet been set.
Thank You Goofyone.........I know that little 3 would kick a$$ with a turbo !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom