• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey blacky 99% of the cars can seat 4 people, have a usable trunk, have a longer warranty, have tried and proven engines and transmissions..and 99% of the cars are ON the road already after 6-7 years. .
You are the first bird who should be " mad as hell, and you're not going to take it any more"..
You gave him the money (10 million) and he couldn't FIND a damn muffler for the P4!
We have waited 6 months waiting for the P5, SIX MONTHS!
This is INSANE ..not even a picture of the damn thing,,.......does it even EXIST,??
Are you happy EM said another 14 months.? Seems like it doesn't BOTHER you at all.
I spent almost 20 years wearing the suits, and if this was any of the corporations I worked for, it would be dust in the wind.
Speaking of wind, as a bird, you know how hard it is to get to your nest when the wind is blowing against you. 120 million!
Oh, Did you forget paul elio is a car salesman.? Several on his board are car salesmen.? You are making fun of them, only a bird brain would do that.........oh, ah,,,hummmmm..I better go..STRAIGHTED UP AND FLY RIGHT!
So, you are either FOR the Elio or against it. Which is it?

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a kit car that will be put together on a assembly line using off the shelf parts from napa and pep boys and a few other suppliers. A roll cage designed by the cad computer for crash worthiness is not a 2 year project. Plastic panels from a storage company is not a 3 year project. A steering wheel from a chevy cruze and a tail light from a Hyundai is not a 18 month project...it has been going on since 2008, been turned down by the city of Pontiac Michigan and been turned down by the federal government. Stop dreaming and stop paying this man anything until he delivers a final prototype that is complete.
I am not the bad guy, the buck stops with paul elio...he needs to stand and deliver! People want their elios.

pj have you ever built a "kit"car?

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a kit car that will be put together on a assembly line using off the shelf parts from napa and pep boys and a few other suppliers. A roll cage designed by the cad computer for crash worthiness is not a 2 year project. Plastic panels from a storage company is not a 3 year project. A steering wheel from a chevy cruze and a tail light from a Hyundai is not a 18 month project...it has been going on since 2008, been turned down by the city of Pontiac Michigan and been turned down by the federal government. Stop dreaming and stop paying this man anything until he delivers a final prototype that is complete.
I am not the bad guy, the buck stops with paul elio...he needs to stand and deliver! People want their elios.
Show us how it is done then. Obviously, you are the expert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
pj have you ever built a "kit"car?
My guess is that the only thing regarding a car PJRogers has crafted has been a loan doc and he was probably disappointed by the amount of time that took.

It's easy to criticize, it's much harder to actually accomplish something. Especially 68,000 somethings in a twelve month period.

Elio is trying to reach the necessary tipping point in the "Law of Diffusion" as described by Malcolm Gladwell; that way the Elio tribe will market the vehicle with a cult like following similar to what Apple has. This will insure their success, but it takes time!

Last edited:

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey cali, no I haven't built a kit car, but 1500 employees probably can do it, ya think?
Criticism is only useful when you have watched the program go on and on and on with no results.
Paul Elio hired several experts to make this an efficient business, so what happened? Delay after delay, a total lack of investors, and they are still getting a pay check ??? and it is our money...doesn't that make you feel so good cali?
Maybe the statement "you can't get there from here" is appropriate.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey cali, no I haven't built a kit car, but 1500 employees probably can do it, ya think?
Criticism is only useful when you have watched the program go on and on and on with no results.
Paul Elio hired several experts to make this an efficient business, so what happened? Delay after delay, a total lack of investors, and they are still getting a pay check ??? and it is our money...doesn't that make you feel so good cali?
Maybe the statement "you can't get there from here" is appropriate.
PjRogers, I think you meant cynicism, not criticism. You haven't got a clue whether or not they have made progress. However if history dictates anything with ElioMotors, they will not release new info unless they can be reasonably accurate. If they can create a brand new car company from the ground up in less than a decade with a cult like following, that would be monumental. If you were well read in the business world then you would understand Paul Elio is following the perfect playbook for a massively successful business.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I believe the world is made of shades of gray. I'm for the Elio, but have concerns and doubts.
I have concerns, but will not keep riling people up. I have made a post or two that truly wasn't received well. In the end, after all the flames I threw, I got some answers. I just hate "I got my info from a reliable source, that's all you need to know."
But I can't comprehend people who post nothing but purely negative "thoughts/remarks/insights" all the time. I mean, if they have that much time to think and post negative, imagine what they could do with positive thinking!! Kind of like people who "study" the "science" of "Star Wars/Star Trek." If they spent their time wisely, studying REAL science, imagine how far we would be!!

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have concerns, but will not keep riling people up. I have made a post or two that truly wasn't received well. In the end, after all the flames I threw, I got some answers. I just hate "I got my info from a reliable source, that's all you need to know."
But I can't comprehend people who post nothing but purely negative "thoughts/remarks/insights" all the time. I mean, if they have that much time to think and post negative, imagine what they could do with positive thinking!! Kind of like people who "study" the "science" of "Star Wars/Star Trek." If they spent their time wisely, studying REAL science, imagine how far we would be!!
I find him entertaining. For somebody who was a car salesman, he doesn't seem to know how to sell his point all that well.
I just don't like when people starting taking an "us vs. them" mentality

Top Bottom