• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey brian, it means the elio steers so hard, your girl friend L O L A has to drive it. Oh, and you will burn to death in AZ.

Yes sales is the oldest profession...glad you "guys" understand that...nothing happens until you pay the money.

Oh, explain that to brian....the AMT automatic is so sloooooooow to shift.....! Unfortunely lady , he burned to death on the way home in the afternoon sun...his car was so slow, he just couldn't get out of the sun and no tinted glass, so call CSI, ask for horatio.

Cheesehead, the competitors will be playing that lady saying that the elio will wear women out...every hour..not in a good way either.
Easy fix: larger steering wheel option, aftermarket tint.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Folks, again it is a serious error on this inept design team on the company pays to design the next elio. They are going to continue making all those little changes until the money runs out.. EM loses and Mr. Elio's design company wins every time there is a delay.
power steering will make the driving experience better for millions of women, when mama's happy, she will let you buy an elio.

Snick, you are so close to blowning the entire idea...Some of you, when a potential problem crops up, and this one is on tape, come up with a fix that is not a fix at all...no power steering is a huge negative for EM. Adding a tint, again, another after purchase expense that doesn't need to be...all trying to keep a stupid $6800 price by cutting stuff out...Give me the elio with auto, a/c tinted glass and cruise, and make it "9595" and they will sell thousands. Time to bury the false advertising before the attorney generals get on the case.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snick, you are so close to blowning the entire idea...Some of you, when a potential problem crops up, and this one is on tape, come up with a fix that is not a fix at all...no power steering is a huge negative for EM. Adding a tint, again, another after purchase expense that doesn't need to be...all trying to keep a stupid $6800 price by cutting stuff out...Give me the elio with auto, a/c tinted glass and cruise, and make it "9595" and they will sell thousands. Time to bury the false advertising before the attorney generals get on the case.
Why are you so hung up on window tinting? I've never had tinted windows. Why should my car cost more so you can have the options you want?
Here's an idea. Offer option packages like other car manufacturers do. The base model is $6800 and is bare bones. For an extra two grand, you get power steering, tinted windows, cruise control, and deluxe radio.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why are you so hung up on window tinting? I've never had tinted windows. Why should my car cost more so you can have the options you want?
Here's an idea. Offer option packages like other car manufacturers do. The base model is $6800 and is bare bones. For an extra two grand, you get power steering, tinted windows, cruise control, and deluxe radio.
Air conditioned cars always have tinted windows from what I have seen.. I don't think we are talking the dark tint just regular normal tinting that AC equipped cars always have..

Ray

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Air conditioned cars always have tinted windows from what I have seen.. I don't think we are talking the dark tint just regular normal tinting that AC equipped cars always have..

Ray
I've seen plenty of cars that has A/C and no tint. Like pretty much every car I've owned (well, the Beatle didn't have A/C and the Cirrus has an after market tint on the windows). My employer's entire fort of trucks (not that the A/C works in many of them any more. I could see how tinting might make cooling slightly more efficient, but I doubt it's a large effect.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Edward, the base elio is already $6995 as the vice president of sales said the other day. In 14 months it will be $7295 if power steering is added...you know the board of EM crapped their pants when they saw that reporters face when she said no power steering. Further more, 80% of the cars out there have auto, power steering a/c, tilt, cruise & tinted glass..at least $9500 on the 2016 elio.
But the real question is, as I have said before, how many of the reservists will cancel their $100 reservation when their elio comes close to TEN THOUSAND dollars. I am betting EM will have a cancellation rate of over 35%. if they sign 40,000 and 35% cancel..what do we have left...26,000?? What will also happen if another SEV or FEV, comes to the market.?..more losses for EM. The delay could be a dagger in the heart of EM.
Edward, what are you going to do. ..$7000
750 dest
150 prep.
$7900
5% taxes and DMV fees $8295 for you said the salesperson...

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Edward, the base elio is already $6995 as the vice president of sales said the other day. In 14 months it will be $7295 if power steering is added...you know the board of EM crapped their pants when they saw that reporters face when she said no power steering. Further more, 80% of the cars out there have auto, power steering a/c, tilt, cruise & tinted glass..at least $9500 on the 2016 elio.
And I drive the other 20%! Under what categorization do you think the Elio belongs with the majority?

Top Bottom