• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Specs On The Radio With Phone Dock Installed In The P4

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depends on the plan Zelio. In my area the cheapest plan is $9.99 a MONTH plus: * Additional Fees & Charges: Early cancellation fee may apply. Prices do not reflect applicable taxes, fees and charges. All fees and programming subject to change.
Who knows how much that adds. The next plan up with decent talk radio is $14.99 a month.

But they always give you free access certain times of the year to test it out. I listen to it a little then. I had 1 year free service when I bought my car though. But I don't subscribe. Too expensive IMO, and personally, I hate the sound quality. It sounds like it's playing underwater ( a little, only description I can come up with) to me. I'm lucky enough to have a phone with a data plan provided through my work, so I listen to Pandora (free) from my phone through bluetooth in my car. Sound is 10x better too. If I can dock my phone to the Elio system, I'm a happy camper.
And x2 on adding a small subwoofer like the Infinity Basslink to round out the sound.
What is it about subwoofers that makes them so attractive. I had an IT guy advise me that I "needed" one for my work computer and since I didn't know any better I ordered it. As it turned out it didn't influence the sound in my office at all but the women in the office down the hall about went nuts with the constant low base sound of my music. It took some time but I finally figured out a way to bypass the (in my not at all humble and definitely VERY biased opinion) stupid thing. I can always tell when vehicles by me have this in their car and frankly I dislike it intensely. I value my hearing and definitely want to keep it as long as possible. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course, it would be nice to just have the phone connected via bluetooth. That way, you could play music you have on your phone, or off some app like spotify, Amazon Prime, iTunes, Rdio, etc...
Where have you been? I've missed your cheery voice on here lately. LOL :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where have you been? I've missed your cheery voice on here lately. LOL :) Z
I was in Washington State taking a couple of classes. So, I've been a little out of touch. Is it me or does it seem there aren't as many questions or information coming out now? I don't think I'm getting burned out but I'm not seeing much out there.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was in Washington State taking a couple of classes. So, I've been a little out of touch. Is it me or does it seem there aren't as many questions or information coming out now? I don't think I'm getting burned out but I'm not seeing much out there.
You were that close and didn't come to visit? Tch! LOL It does seem quieter so I assumed everyone else is on vacation. I don't think you are burned out. 12-15 months is a long way out so a lot of the most active people are the spammers that have been hitting us almost nightly. I have gotten to the point where I suspect a name almost immediately and when I check the profile if they are under 25 and from NY or Vic I know we are going to be "blessed" with another spam message shortly. We seemed to have a drop off in messages as of this past weekend (legitimate messages) but I thought it was just me because I wasn't feeling well. LOL A fever can affect your brain in strange ways. It is good to have you back. :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sirius XM cures the no station blues. Been happily paying for it for 8 years now.
Living in the desert southwest and miles from major cities radio stations have limited range and if you don't like mariachi music or Hispanic radio stations satellite radio is essential and the choices of programming are fantastic - something for everyone all the time.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is it about subwoofers that makes them so attractive. I had an IT guy advise me that I "needed" one for my work computer and since I didn't know any better I ordered it. As it turned out it didn't influence the sound in my office at all but the women in the office down the hall about went nuts with the constant low base sound of my music. It took some time but I finally figured out a way to bypass the (in my not at all humble and definitely VERY biased opinion) stupid thing. I can always tell when vehicles by me have this in their car and frankly I dislike it intensely. I value my hearing and definitely want to keep it as long as possible. :) Z
Too many (only IMO also..) overdo it with the sub. I don't like a lot, but I sure miss the fullness of sound when it is gone. It does not have to be loud, but it needs to be there. Think of an Orchestra without a (real) Bass or a kettle drum. Just not the same.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Living in the desert southwest and miles from major cities radio stations have limited range and if you don't like mariachi music or Hispanic radio stations satellite radio is essential and the choices of programming are fantastic - something for everyone all the time.
What, you don't like KOB FM? I had XM radio for the first 6 months with my truck but just didn't like it. The stations seemed to play the same 10 songs over and over and over and over and over and over again. At least in Albuquerque, we have some music variety. When we go on trips, I just use bluetooth with one of the kid's acting as DJ with her Kindle... Okay, that tends to get a little heavy on the Disney music side of things but this Daddy can put up with that for his girls (three are still at home, one in college -- and getting married in just under 2 weeks).

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too many (only IMO also..) overdo it with the sub. I don't like a lot, but I sure miss the fullness of sound when it is gone. It does not have to be loud, but it needs to be there. Think of an Orchestra without a (real) Bass or a kettle drum. Just not the same.
I concur with the same thought... I don't need throbbing base but I like my lows to be low.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What, you don't like KOB FM? I had XM radio for the first 6 months with my truck but just didn't like it. The stations seemed to play the same 10 songs over and over and over and over and over and over again. At least in Albuquerque, we have some music variety. When we go on trips, I just use bluetooth with one of the kid's acting as DJ with her Kindle... Okay, that tends to get a little heavy on the Disney music side of things but this Daddy can put up with that for his girls (three are still at home, one in college -- and getting married in just under 2 weeks).
Ditto. Some people really like XM. It fills a need, definitely, but I don't care for it. If I listened to talk radio a lot I'd like it, but my talk radio needs are filled by MPR. Other than that it's all music, all the time. And my son filled up one of those big Ipod thingies... what is it, 10 gigs of music? I have a lifetime supply of music variety now. Pretty amazing what I can get from my local library by way of CD's!

Top Bottom