• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Specs On The Radio With Phone Dock Installed In The P4

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What, you don't like KOB FM? I had XM radio for the first 6 months with my truck but just didn't like it. The stations seemed to play the same 10 songs over and over and over and over and over and over again. At least in Albuquerque, we have some music variety. When we go on trips, I just use bluetooth with one of the kid's acting as DJ with her Kindle... Okay, that tends to get a little heavy on the Disney music side of things but this Daddy can put up with that for his girls (three are still at home, one in college -- and getting married in just under 2 weeks).
Ty, you forget that southern New Mexico is treated by this state as western Texas. We do not get Albuquerque radio or TV stations south of Socorro.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was in Washington State taking a couple of classes. So, I've been a little out of touch. Is it me or does it seem there aren't as many questions or information coming out now? I don't think I'm getting burned out but I'm not seeing much out there.
Tired of talking about the unbuilt Elio I'd say.. I've got better things to do like fishing..

Ray

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is it about subwoofers that makes them so attractive. I had an IT guy advise me that I "needed" one for my work computer and since I didn't know any better I ordered it. As it turned out it didn't influence the sound in my office at all but the women in the office down the hall about went nuts with the constant low base sound of my music. It took some time but I finally figured out a way to bypass the (in my not at all humble and definitely VERY biased opinion) stupid thing. I can always tell when vehicles by me have this in their car and frankly I dislike it intensely. I value my hearing and definitely want to keep it as long as possible. :) Z
In a vehicle the road noise has a tendency to I block the low end of the audio spectrum. Adding a sub woofer allows you to increase that end of the spectrum thus balancing out the sound. Many new cars come with sub woofers now.
MK

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really like the dash set-up from Continental. This should definitely be an option. I know I'd purchase it. The docking station for the phone isn't something I would like to have. WiFi or Blue Tooth should work just fine for taking and making calls.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My current phone (and I suspect many future phones) has a wireless recharging feature, needing only an induction pad to couple to the charging circuits. I've found that the phone only charges at about 25% of the normal rate thanks to that air gap, but it's at least convenient and doesn't wear out that micro USB connector. That's how I plan to connect it in my Elio - along with Bluetooth to the radio and GPS.

I don't want the GPS feature in either the radio or the phone (although the phone app is handy and extremely useful) because it would require me looking down toward my right kneecap for route directions. Better spend the going rate for a good stand-alone Garmin or TomTom and place it near the right mirror (in front of the speaker) so that it's more in my visual scan. Thankfully all of these devices are getting cheaper with every passing month, so cost is not prohibitive any more.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
The Continental AutoLinQ™Mobile infotainment system:

http://www.conti-online.com/www/aut...erior/connectivity/pi_autolinq_en.html?page=3

imG_visual_autolinqmobile_460x280-onlineData.jpg

AutoLinQ™Mobile – an easy way to handle connectivity for everyone

The infotainment solution AutoLinQ™Mobile links smartphones and vehicles in order to make these useable in a safer manner while driving. Even on the road, drivers and passengers will have cost-optimized and safe access to in-car services and to several infotainment and communication channels.

For that purpose the smartphone is generally fixed in a cradle of the AutoLinQ Mobile hardware and connected via Bluetooth®. The AutoLinQ™Mobile smartphone app includes the functions drivers require most often while driving. Smartphone applications like music functionalities and of course phone calls – are integrated into the vehicle in a safe way. In the vehicle the AutoLinQ™Mobile hardware is mounted in the standard 1DIN slot.

Flexible for every target group.

Mechanical. Electronical. Digital. Due to the flexible possibilities of installation and to the various connectivity options of the solution, car manufacturers have a system at hand that offers additional value to a large number of potential customers. Now, smartphones, can be employed inside of a vehicle.

Highlights:

• 1 DIN format, mechanical fixation to the vehicle
  • Integrated mechanical clamping system
  • App with unified automotive content,
    e. g. facebook, mail for Android and iOS.
  • FM tuner, station search
  • Audio input via Bluetooth®
  • Bluetooth® profiles: HFP, A2DP, SPP
  • EC/NR Echo Cancellation / Noise Reduction
  • USB connectivity for playing audio files
  • Audio power (4 x 20 W)
  • Charging of smartphone via USB
  • CAN interface prepared
  • On/off functionality
Additional spec, can't hold the Apple iPhone 6+ or the Samsung Galaxy Note at this time. The sides don't stretch out far enough.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My cellphone is exactly what it was designed to be, a PHONE. It is a simple old style Nokia and like Joshua Caldwell I average less than 30 minutes of use per month. It is not an umbilical cord that ties me to any social media or dependence on the internet. I don't want my Elio to tie me to anything other than pleasure and excitement.

Top Bottom