• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Specs On The Radio With Phone Dock Installed In The P4

Farm Boy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What about crusty old guys like me who have cassets and 8 tracks! LOL!! i geuss I'll have to put in my under dash unit, but wait-- theres no room, it will be hitting my knees. S-O-B I geuss I will just have to sing to myself! LOL:)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Continental AutoLinQ™Mobile infotainment system:

http://www.conti-online.com/www/aut...erior/connectivity/pi_autolinq_en.html?page=3

imG_visual_autolinqmobile_460x280-onlineData.jpg

AutoLinQ™Mobile – an easy way to handle connectivity for everyone

The infotainment solution AutoLinQ™Mobile links smartphones and vehicles in order to make these useable in a safer manner while driving. Even on the road, drivers and passengers will have cost-optimized and safe access to in-car services and to several infotainment and communication channels.

For that purpose the smartphone is generally fixed in a cradle of the AutoLinQ Mobile hardware and connected via Bluetooth®. The AutoLinQ™Mobile smartphone app includes the functions drivers require most often while driving. Smartphone applications like music functionalities and of course phone calls – are integrated into the vehicle in a safe way. In the vehicle the AutoLinQ™Mobile hardware is mounted in the standard 1DIN slot.

Flexible for every target group.

Mechanical. Electronical. Digital. Due to the flexible possibilities of installation and to the various connectivity options of the solution, car manufacturers have a system at hand that offers additional value to a large number of potential customers. Now, smartphones, can be employed inside of a vehicle.

Highlights:

• 1 DIN format, mechanical fixation to the vehicle
  • Integrated mechanical clamping system
  • App with unified automotive content,
    e. g. facebook, mail for Android and iOS.
  • FM tuner, station search
  • Audio input via Bluetooth®
  • Bluetooth® profiles: HFP, A2DP, SPP
  • EC/NR Echo Cancellation / Noise Reduction
  • USB connectivity for playing audio files
  • Audio power (4 x 20 W)
  • Charging of smartphone via USB
  • CAN interface prepared
  • On/off functionality

I like it. Maybe there will be an icon for "other apps" in there somewhere.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use Torque (as I've mentioned a few times). The developer of the App actually answered questions and fixes issues quite often. It's not difficult to use and since Elio has said that the car will support at least basic OBDII standards, you should be able to use it with the Elio. You can, of course, get the app now and check it out with your current car. You'd be out about $12 for the Bluetooth adapter (ELM327 on Amazon.com) and the app is free unless you want the pro version. I don't remember there being anything in the pro version that fluffed my skirt but I liked the app so much that I wanted to reward Ian Hawkins (the developer) so I bought the pro version for $4.99. That's my two cents... ;)

Here's a site that shows the app and has a video of it in use: http://www.appbrain.com/app/torque-pro-(obd-2-car)/org.prowl.torque

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use Torque (as I've mentioned a few times). The developer of the App actually answered questions and fixes issues quite often. It's not difficult to use and since Elio has said that the car will support at least basic OBDII standards, you should be able to use it with the Elio. You can, of course, get the app now and check it out with your current car. You'd be out about $12 for the Bluetooth adapter (ELM327 on Amazon.com) and the app is free unless you want the pro version. I don't remember there being anything in the pro version that fluffed my skirt but I liked the app so much that I wanted to reward Ian Hawkins (the developer) so I bought the pro version for $4.99. That's my two cents... ;)

Here's a site that shows the app and has a video of it in use: http://www.appbrain.com/app/torque-pro-(obd-2-car)/org.prowl.torque
Pro version is well worth the upgrade.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What about crusty old guys like me who have cassets and 8 tracks! LOL!! i geuss I'll have to put in my under dash unit, but wait-- theres no room, it will be hitting my knees. S-O-B I geuss I will just have to sing to myself! LOL:)

Maybe with the rear seat down I could install an analog receiver and turntable in the back and have much better sound quality! If space allowed I could also take one of the Naks!

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe with the rear seat down I could install an analog receiver and turntable in the back and have much better sound quality! If space allowed I could also take one of the Naks!
Add a couple of Orb speakers, and Subwoofer. Far, far better than Bose IMO

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Takes me back to my college days in the late 1960s. I installed in the back seat a reel-to-reel tape recorder with built-in speakers and could run off the 6 volt car battery under the back seat in my '62 VW Bug. Put on a tape of Wagner/Ride of the Valkyries and people got out of the way!
Also, how do you winterize a VW Bug? ...........roll the windows up.

Top Bottom