• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy too, with the IAV engine, but I would have otherwise been impressed had it been dropped into a new prototype as a complete surprise for the auto show and ready to be used to tool up the factory for production.
You really can't rule out the possibility of a new vehicle WITH that new engine... It's gotta happen at some point!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I care less and less about reservations as time has gone by and more about how fast the money is coming in, but I don't think we can track that.

in recent talks given by Paul he clearly believes that the number of reservations is still very important in their ongoing fund raising

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
in recent talks given by Paul he clearly believes that the number of reservations is still very important in their ongoing fund raising
Yes, but I think a year ago reservation growth rate influenced what he could get for funding. And now I think the more investment money he can get has more influence on the reservation growth rate. For example, in the St. Francis University speech he indicated $30 million is needed for the 25 prototypes and 31 engines. I predict lots of reservation growth after that milestone, but without that milestone, reservations are going to continue to at the current trickle with the exception of the bump that will probably happen with the NYC auto show.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MSN at least shows a preview of the NY show that includes the Elio on slide 7!

http://www.msn.com/en-my/cars/paris/2015-new-york-motor-show-preview/ss-AAa7Rfs#image=1
I've said this before ... don't confuse point-to-point with a trend. The trend has been flat-to-down for a while. I attribute that mainly to lack of national press, especially TV. That in turn is related to absence of developments, and that follows from .... lack of moolah. On the plus side, if Paul gets his funding, builds a new prototype, or even puts a new engine (the one on test will be tested to destruction, per plan) into the P4, he can create some buzz.

Nothing new equals no press equals no spike in reservations.

The good news -- they are still coming in.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if there are cudo points for having the highest reservations ever for a car pre-order? I wonder what that would be?
I think the Chev-Volt was 45k. Is that the biggest up to now?

Top Bottom