• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
32.6/day the week before that

31.9/day week before last

44.7/day last week

is most certainly moving in a positive .... hopefully that number will take a larger jump as a result of being in the NY show
We'll see. I stopped tracking the weekly numbers a while ago but I've been tracking the Monthly numbers using the first time the numbers are reported each month and dividing by the number of days since the last update. Excel does all the work. Well, after I built the tables. I don't think the NY Show's influence shows up yet but here are the numbers so far:

Elio Monthly Numbers 2015 04.JPG

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
We'll see. I stopped tracking the weekly numbers a while ago but I've been tracking the Monthly numbers using the first time the numbers are reported each month and dividing by the number of days since the last update. Excel does all the work. Well, after I built the tables. I don't think the NY Show's influence shows up yet but here are the numbers so far:

View attachment 5334

Ty, as always, thanks for your data input and stats.

For the last 6 months, there is an average of 1.5 reservations per hour of every day.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That works out to about $100k per week. Plenty to keep the roadshow going. Not enough to make it to production.
Correct. It is, I would think, important to keep the public interest peaked in order to encourage investors to invest, suppliers to be willing to extend credit (or agreements to provide certain numbers of parts), and legislation moving forward.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
41715 as of Apr 12, 2015 - 41,481 as of Apr 5, 2015 = 234 which equals just over 33 per day

I was in hope that it would be higher but that total is higher than 3 out of the last 4 weeks

I can't say I am surprised. We have never seen big jumps in orders from any size physical showing and only rarely from good coverage on the internet. It's been big time press coverage of the traditional TV and print media variety which have caused new related spikes in reservations in the past.

However the web coverage does appear to help over time as it adds to what is available on the internet when people decide to research the Elio Motors which is a good thing.

That works out to about $100k per week. Plenty to keep the roadshow going. Not enough to make it to production.

The reservations were never intended to fund production. They fund ongoing operations and as Ty mentioned are leveraged by EM to assist the effort in other areas.

Hightech

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

33 cars a day = 231 per week
20% 1k all in = 46 cars per week
46 * 1k = $46,000/week
toss in a few nonrefund $100/$500 = $50,000/week

(incentive ending rushes average out to 25% 1k all in, but this assumes a more reasonable intake rate at 20% 1k all in)

50k/week may sound like alot, but thats only ~$2.5million a year which I bet barely covers yearly operating cost with near 0% going to R&D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
41715 as of Apr 12, 2015 - 41,481 as of Apr 5, 2015 = 234 which equals just over 33 per day

I was in hope that it would be higher but that total is higher than 3 out of the last 4 weeks

I predict a significant jump in reservations after folks start getting their income tax refund checks back.

Personally, I try to keep mine as close to break-even as possible.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, maybe they have reached a level of saturation, such that this is just not new information to very many people. People who research it online now, get a barrage of pro and con. People who don't, base a decision on sitting in the car, or just are taken by the idea.

If the 1k ratio holds up of 30%, they are acquiring about $12k each day, minus the expenses for the showings, or about $360,000 monthly, minus expenses. Each person on the team averages a cost between $2k and $6K, is it a team of 5 on the average? then the trailer and the truck, another 10k? Flights for key people, another 10K?, 5k for the show fees? so they clear maybe $280K for the events schedule? So each year of that is worth over $3.3m in funding towards those crash test vehicles. They had about $12m from prior collections.

Some articles say(if correct), Paul is now saying he thinks they can get 240k reservations for the first year? Only EM would have an educated guess at the true ratio of fence sitters waiting for some miles stones to be completed. Especially around the state/city/county gov customers who can't order until their availability criteria are met. There are 50states, two+ territories, 50 large cities, 3,000 counties, and 20,000 smaller cites., then the businesses. If buying an average fleet of 10 each (likely optimistic) maxes out to over 230,000 vehicles just for the gov. I wonder what EM requires for a reservation for fleet sales, if any? At least the $100 I'd guess.

I admit, just don't have enough real stats to get closer to estimating how things are now going than that.

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
33 cars a day = 231 per week
20% 1k all in = 46 cars per week
46 * 1k = $46,000/week
toss in a few nonrefund $100/$500 = $50,000/week

(incentive ending rushes average out to 25% 1k all in, but this assumes a more reasonable intake rate at 20% 1k all in)

50k/week may sound like alot, but thats only ~$2.5million a year which I bet barely covers yearly operating cost with near 0% going to R&D
Your math seems okay, but your basis is way off. Paul has stated that the average reservation is $400. Paul has also stated that they have raised ~$17M from reservations. The $1k's have been averaging 30-35% for a long time.

Top Bottom