• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure the Volt counts I think 44,999 of those ordered were by the government. The other one was a mistake.
I am hoping to put a reservation deposit on the first EVElio......0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds. I'll be having a sip of coffee from my EVElio Mug at the end of the quarter mile waiting for you to get there. lol

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In one of the videos recently, someone mentioned the snowball effect. 40,000 people spreading the word.
A year ago reservations were 90 a day now they are 45 a day in round numbers.
Where is this snowball effect! I agree there should be one, but where is it!
Come on guys, We need to do a better job! Here is an idea, get off this forum and talk to people who don't know any thing about the Elio!
I have one of those fact sheets taped to the wall at the check out station in my store. several people ask about it and I tell them more than they want to know.
My barber likes cars, so I told him about it and handed him a fact sheet. I know he has told several folks about it, He's a barber, and you know how they love to talk ;)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In one of the videos recently, someone mentioned the snowball effect. 40,000 people spreading the word.A year ago reservations were 90 a day now they are 45 a day in round numbers.
Where is this snowball effect!

Well, probably there would be if all other factors were the same, but of course they aren't. It was fairly obscured what the funding dependencies were back then, plus factors like the equipment sales seemed to provide another source. But even Eq-sales have been a little too slow to push things any faster.
Once these issues seem more advanced, and production seems closer at hand, then it will be an easier promotion. Any substantial advancement would energize the reservation holders.

I think if federal funding were suddenly approved we might see a 900-a-day for a short time. You never know.

But more power to you for staying in the game.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In one of the videos recently, someone mentioned the snowball effect. 40,000 people spreading the word.
A year ago reservations were 90 a day now they are 45 a day in round numbers.
Where is this snowball effect! I agree there should be one, but where is it!
Come on guys, We need to do a better job! Here is an idea, get off this forum and talk to people who don't know any thing about the Elio!
I have one of those fact sheets taped to the wall at the check out station in my store. several people ask about it and I tell them more than they want to know.
My barber likes cars, so I told him about it and handed him a fact sheet. I know he has told several folks about it, He's a barber, and you know how they love to talk ;)
The 40,000 spreading the word have a slightly different level of expectation at this point in time. I still talk about the Elio, but have never encouraged or discouraged a deposit. I am now compelled to add to the conversation, that if you get to the point of considering a reservation, perhaps a refundable is the best option until funding is secured.

Top Bottom