• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice, I sure hope I never have to use the $150 but if I do, it's good to know. I've never used PB but it seems they have been around for a good long time. There's been a good number of comments in the negative about them, is it something that has risen in just the last few years, is it because you do your own vehicle work and expect it done a certain way or have they gone astray from their roots in doing good work. I generally go to locally owned shops on recommendations.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Elio is wide enough that it can be lifted with a standard two post lift as found in most shops. Just extend the lift arms fully and they will slide under the frame rails on each side of the vehicle. I verified this myself with the two post lift in my shop and found out it will not be an issue at all.

As for Jiffy Lube, and other places with holes in the ground, the solution is actually much easier than you may think. :D

earlier today I drove over to the local Snappy Lube to take our Chevy truck in for its yearly safety inspection .... remembering reading about concerns some folks have for finding a garage where they could get their Elio's oil changed, it looks to me like there is a ready made solution .... in the pictures below you can see the movable grates that cover the 38" wide opening in the floor

Jim

IMG_4280.JPG
IMG_4281.JPG
IMG_4282.JPG

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice, I sure hope I never have to use the $150 but if I do, it's good to know. I've never used PB but it seems they have been around for a good long time. There's been a good number of comments in the negative about them, is it something that has risen in just the last few years, is it because you do your own vehicle work and expect it done a certain way or have they gone astray from their roots in doing good work. I generally go to locally owned shops on recommendations.
It's like any large chain company. Each store is a little different and you have some good stores and some bad.

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At a auto lube drive through shop I go to sometimes ,one that guides you in over their pit ,as I was waiting for them to do the lube work. I noticed a board they had on the the wall that had some pictures and there were three different pictures of cars that had been driven off in the pit. I didn't ask but I wondered how they handled that.

Top Bottom