• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In 2012 we had around 1.6+million people. Not a single Pep Boys. This area is about smack dab in the middle of the state. Seems like a good spot for an Elio dealership too.

we live 15 - 20 minutes south of Raleigh .... within 20 minutes of the house I know of 4 existing Pep Boys and 3 under construction

Jim

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
gglllbbbbpppttthhhh (that's me trying to not say anything after 'my last word').
But, after reading that I have to wonder what PB's thinking is. 7 in your area. I think there's several around Charlotte. I glanced at their website store location map and they have some huge gaping holes all over the country and then there's clusters like Raleigh.
That! is my last word!!
I think....

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok,ok. I got to thinking Jim.
You know the I-40 & 85 corridors. Instead of 7 in Raleigh, why not put one in Durham, Burlington, Greensboro, W-S, Mocksville, Statesville, Hickory, Asheville (I-40) and then High Point, Salisbury, Kannapolis, Concord and Gastonia (I-85)? Not to be left out, there's I-77. Mooresville, Lake Norman area, My Airy. Most everyone would be 30-60 miles from one.
I've decided to give up on last words.....

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok,ok. I got to thinking Jim.
You know the I-40 & 85 corridors. Instead of 7 in Raleigh, why not put one in Durham, Burlington, Greensboro, W-S, Mocksville, Statesville, Hickory, Asheville (I-40) and then High Point, Salisbury, Kannapolis, Concord and Gastonia (I-85)? Not to be left out, there's I-77. Mooresville, Lake Norman area, My Airy. Most everyone would be 30-60 miles from one.
I've decided to give up on last words.....

technically, there all 7 aren't in Raleigh city limits but, pure guess, they are all within a 40 mile circle .... spreading them out sounds like a good idea to me .... from the ones going up around us, they clearly have expansion funds and one would hope that new locations are selected based on sound market research .... it would be interesting to know their long term plans

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I suppose NC is doing ok. Looking at other areas, you can go through 4 states and not see one.
And, like other folks have said, if you've got some mechanical abilities you should be able to handle most everything. Except warranty work.

it has been reported several times that EM is willing to work with other repair facilities for warranty work in areas where they don't have a Pep Boys

Jim

james92se

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will without hesitation go out on a limb here and proclaim PepBoys will not be basing any new market penetration/store openings on the Elio. I realize they have an agreement in place to be the "official" service facility but I would wager that in practice the actual impact to PepBoys' bottom line from the Elio will be fairly inconsequential.

Top Bottom