• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure the top levels of PB management are aware of the agreement and probably have a plan in place to implement it (or at least some ideas on how they will achieve it) but because of the rather fluid situation (at least as far as they are concerned) they haven't put their corporate time and money into it yet. If even the most avid of us can't say with 100% certainty that Elio is going to pull this whole thing off, why should they be willling to invest the money and manpower into a project like this without a guarantee of return and success. Naw, don't bother asking people low down on the totem pole, they don't know and won't know until a very few months before the launch of the project. At that point they will be shaking their heads and asking, "They want us to do what when!!??"

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Mr Admin. Just curious. Maybe I have missed some text but what is the latest regarding the boys @ PepBoys?! Are they getting in tune. I have stopped at several in the Chgo areas and inquired with the shop chiefs regarding plans to support the Elio only to receive the response of "What's an Elio" at most. Is Eliomotors supporting equipment, ie; tri-wheel lift systems, to support the 3-wheeler. Would like to hear more. Standing by..., over :)

I wouldnt bother... The only thing they need to support the elio is maybe a cross bar for lifting elio's in the air, some spare tires, and making sure the necisary parts are stocked in their inventory (most probably allready are)... Untill the elio comes into production, there is no need for any memos to come down from corporate informing anyone about anything...

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to go into Pep Boys yesterday and out of curiosity I asked the "assistant manager" what they had done to get ready for the launch of the new Elio... He didn't know what I was talking about... and had no idea what an Elio was. This wasn't some store in the back woods, but right in Houston. I'm not sure what to think of this.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
no surprise, that's pretty much the same that has been reported all over the country .... basically, at this stage its been reported as being a corporate agreement but until the Elio is much closer to going into production, they aren't pushing it out to the store level

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to go into Pep Boys yesterday and out of curiosity I asked the "assistant manager" what they had done to get ready for the launch of the new Elio... He didn't know what I was talking about... and had no idea what an Elio was. This wasn't some store in the back woods, but right in Houston. I'm not sure what to think of this.
I went to my local Pep Boys in Auburn Maine last year and asked, and they were familiar with Elio Motors, but said they have not been trained to do the repairs yet since they do not have any models to train on, but will as soon as they have vehicle to train their technicians on.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went to PB to put a new set of tires on our car and started a conversation with,"I know you've probably not heard of it, buuut..." He replied with a sort of rueful grin and said he had been asked about it but didn't have any word from Mgt and wouldn't until the car was about to be produced. I have to agree with him/PB. The company agreed to take on Elio as a client and probably has or will have an official plan on how to proceed with training but until the E-factory ramps up they have no need to have any knowledge about the Elio and we really shouldn't expect them to! Now if we pull our E-car into a PB and they look at it and scratch their heads, then we should be pretty put out! Until then, give them a break. They have more important things on their minds, like cars that actually exist and need maintenence/tires! It will be our turn, we just have to be patient.

Top Bottom