• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Move Up Production Start Date?

lessismoreguy

Reaction score
Production is currently slated to started in late 2017.

Pistonboy - where is this information from? The party line from the EM Facebook page is still
" production will start after we build and test the E-Series testing vehicles (being built now https://www.youtube.com/embed/7zo6S66bQgI), build and test the 100 pre-production fleet vehicles (planned to start being built this December), and raise the remaining funds to tool up our Shreveport plant."

I don't see how it's possible for them to start building fleet vehicles in December. There seems to be some significant hang-up in producing the E-series vehicles, as they've apparently managed to build 2 in 4 to 5 months and have 21 yet to build. This is after they've stated that the E-series will be much faster builds than the prototypes. If I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that 2 more have been built but not announced, perhaps they've made 4 in 4 months, clearly not a pace that will allow them to start building fleet vehicles by Dec 31st.

Cash flow limitations? Repercussions from the change to stamped body? Intentional slowdown to try to fit some new timeline when they think everything will come together?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the Elio September recap. " We’ll have some great information coming your way, so make sure your email inbox is ready to receive the news! "
IMO, Elio has to finalize the body design, get the dies made, and get the Shreveport facility lights on. When they start stamping ELIO body parts in Shreveport it will be time to celebrate.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DivinationHarryRon.jpg

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For all those who just can't wait and are getting a little pissed by the delay, here is a news item. Volkswagen today announced a new electric car. It will be available to purchase in 2020! I got interested in Elio in 2014. Looks like I will get mine in 2017. Paul has done a hell of a job considering the resources that VW can bring to new product development. My only concern is that my Subaru might not last til I get my Elio. 4 new tires, a new alternator and a couple other repairs already since '14 and a couple more are needed.
I feel your pain. My current car is gasping already too.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've wanted a three wheeler exactly like the Elio for 32 years = 12,410 days = 297,840 hours = 1,072,224,000 seconds.
I could claim great patience, but at one time I gave up hoping something would appear and started building my own.
(my original 1982 prototype was not quite up to the desired spec)
You would be an asset to have in the building of the Elio if you lived in Shreveport.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For all those who just can't wait and are getting a little pissed by the delay, here is a news item. Volkswagen today announced a new electric car. It will be available to purchase in 2020! I got interested in Elio in 2014. Looks like I will get mine in 2017. Paul has done a hell of a job considering the resources that VW can bring to new product development. My only concern is that my Subaru might not last til I get my Elio. 4 new tires, a new alternator and a couple other repairs already since '14 and a couple more are needed.

I am betting on the Subaru. I drive a 2005 model. I am going to drive it until the Elio arrives.:yo:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To me 2005 is new. I drive a 94 Ranger. So needless to say, I hope some rich dude or dudette steps up and hands over 240 Million. Or perhaps since Paul is single, he can marry rich.

Perhaps Paul can take Adam Sandler with him to the next investor conference and run thru 'The herlihy boy' skit. Sadly Chris Farley is no longer with us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom