• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Move Up Production Start Date?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the oldest thread I could find about production dates. It is interesting reading some of the comments about production starting back in 2014.

Production is currently slated to started in late 2017.
A few things still have to happen.

EM is scheduled to be at the LA Auto Show in November 2016. I wonder if they will be there in November 2017, and if so, what they will be saying.
I was planning to commute to work in my Elio, but I may be retired by then. I will still enjoy it.

I think production will probably start early 2018.
I hope I am wrong.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the oldest thread I could find about production dates. It is interesting reading some of the comments about production starting back in 2014.

Production is currently slated to started in late 2017.
A few things still have to happen.

EM is scheduled to be at the LA Auto Show in November 2016. I wonder if they will be there in November 2017, and if so, what they will be saying.
I was planning to commute to work in my Elio, but I may be retired by then. I will still enjoy it.

I think production will probably start early 2018.
I hope I am wrong.
I hope you are too. In November we should have a better idea of the likely hood for 2017.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM is scheduled to start production in the latter half of 2017, but November and December are not good months to start a business, I believe, due to the holidays. That would leave July through October.

I would hire people during this period and start January 2, 2018.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM is scheduled to start production in the latter half of 2017, but November and December are not good months to start a business,.
Computer? ... Computing ... : According to Spock, (not trying to be sarcastic or condescending here, just sounded funny to me..)
60k units at 23 workdays at 1k/day is 3months of production, and I think probably double that will likely be reserved by day 1. So 6 months of unimpeded production seems pretty dependable.

I'm not sure that Nov-Dec 'rule of thumb' applies to a business where the first 3-6 months of production is already sold. The people in this group being more affluent and representative of the top 40k, are likely to still have the money and willingness to complete their purchases. Looking at us who have appeared over the last few years, at most 10% may back out. We have some money in the game after all. That includes accounting for the ones who have passed over. (Ouch, did I just say that?)

I'm very sure EM will not consider holidays much of a limiting factor(makes an excellent gift). They can always offer to let people delay allowing those currently with the holidays budget to obtain their Elios. A lot of people will not want to go to the back of the line having waited this long.

Drag0n

Elio Fan
Reaction score
there is also the factor of the auto industry releasing the next years models around the 3rd quarter of the year, so if Elio releases by standard, the 2018 production model could conceivably hit the roads in last quarter of 2017.

Top Bottom