• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Move Up Production Start Date?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Production is currently slated to started in late 2017.

Pistonboy - where is this information from? The party line from the EM Facebook page is still
" production will start after we build and test the E-Series testing vehicles (being built now https://www.youtube.com/embed/7zo6S66bQgI), build and test the 100 pre-production fleet vehicles (planned to start being built this December), and raise the remaining funds to tool up our Shreveport plant."

I don't see how it's possible for them to start building fleet vehicles in December. There seems to be some significant hang-up in producing the E-series vehicles, as they've apparently managed to build 2 in 4 to 5 months and have 21 yet to build. This is after they've stated that the E-series will be much faster builds than the prototypes. If I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that 2 more have been built but not announced, perhaps they've made 4 in 4 months, clearly not a pace that will allow them to start building fleet vehicles by Dec 31st.

Cash flow limitations? Repercussions from the change to stamped body? Intentional slowdown to try to fit some new timeline when they think everything will come together?
Lessie more guy, welcome from southern New Mexico

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Production is currently slated to started in late 2017.

Pistonboy - where is this information from? The party line from the EM Facebook page is still
" production will start after we build and test the E-Series testing vehicles (being built now https://www.youtube.com/embed/7zo6S66bQgI), build and test the 100 pre-production fleet vehicles (planned to start being built this December), and raise the remaining funds to tool up our Shreveport plant."

I don't see how it's possible for them to start building fleet vehicles in December. There seems to be some significant hang-up in producing the E-series vehicles, as they've apparently managed to build 2 in 4 to 5 months and have 21 yet to build. This is after they've stated that the E-series will be much faster builds than the prototypes. If I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that 2 more have been built but not announced, perhaps they've made 4 in 4 months, clearly not a pace that will allow them to start building fleet vehicles by Dec 31st.

Cash flow limitations? Repercussions from the change to stamped body? Intentional slowdown to try to fit some new timeline when they think everything will come together?
The 23 E series builds are by hand and basically, one-offs. The 100 will actually be built in the production facility in Shreveport on the actual production line. They'll be able to build them there as fast as the line can go if they have it mapped out right. I expect they will slow the line WAY down and probably go through a single build before trying to feed the line with several vehicles at once. I would also expect that by the 100th build, they'll have the process perfected and will then just be waiting for some finalized decisions (which hopefully are already made by then) and parts delivery. It won't take them NEARLY as much time to build each one as Technosports is taking.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 23 E series builds are by hand and basically, one-offs. The 100 will actually be built in the production facility in Shreveport on the actual production line. They'll be able to build them there as fast as the line can go if they have it mapped out right. I expect they will slow the line WAY down and probably go through a single build before trying to feed the line with several vehicles at once. I would also expect that by the 100th build, they'll have the process perfected and will then just be waiting for some finalized decisions (which hopefully are already made by then) and parts delivery. It won't take them NEARLY as much time to build each one as Technosports is taking.

Wouldn't it be cool if someone occasionally flew their drone over the Sherveport plant and recorder a view of the employee parking area? The number of cars could be an indication of the amount of activity going on.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool if someone occasionally flew their drone over the Sherveport plant and recorder a view of the employee parking area? The number of cars could be an indication of the amount of activity going on.
Who says they're parking outside? For a basic staff (just the people needed for plant prep) why couldn't they park inside?
Shorter walk, keeps prying eyes away, out of the weather, and they have plenty of space.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who says they're parking outside? For a basic staff (just the people needed for plant prep) why couldn't they park inside?
Shorter walk, keeps prying eyes away, out of the weather, and they have plenty of space.
Plus protection, since there are not a lot of eyes in the lot to keep watch.

Top Bottom