• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a confliction about how much power the Elio has. Some signs say 55 HP. Others say 60 HP. Which is it and why the different numbers.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have an idea.

The rear black panel is suppose to hinge open to change the rear tire. Have someone open the panel and take a picture of it.

Better yet, replace it with the P3 rear panel.

elio-motors-84-mpg-3-wheeler-image-elio-motors_100427026_m.jpg

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Should not be an issue having the rear panels color matched to your Elio . When I was leaning towards a black Elio , the matte black panels were appealing . Now that I am considering a Red Elio, I will hump the panels down to my local paint shop and treat myself . I just may remove the front panels altogether or order my Elio with P3 fenders .

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nov. 22 update
Questions to ask
1) Does the P5 come with production sound proofing?
2) Does it have OBD-II capabilities and are the limited by EM? If so how?Partially answered @ 11:24 mark here
3) What is the current state of the turbo? Is it in the works? How far along is it?
4) Now knowing that they will use PPC coloring can they give the color specs for any of the colors? (Thank you TY for this knowledge)
5) What are the plans for yellow? Come on there has to be some, you can't upset that many people.
(Apparently, yes they can. No Yellow per TY :sorry:)
6) When will the options list for the Elio be listed? Possible date? (Could answer a lot of customization questions)
7) What are the standard options that are confirmed?
8) Will the owners' manual be physical or PDF? When might we get a sneak peek online?
9) Numbers heard are 19,000 in 90 days. Is that correct? Is that calendar or working days?
10) Are you seeing more new people or established fans of the Elio at the events you are attending?
11) When will the vehicle for handsome pre-order holder #11492 be ready? (Don't worry these numbers aren't indicative of asking sequence Badboy)
12) If there is no belly pan on the P5, will there be an option for it?
13) Will the nose of the vehicle have sensors or body matched impact resistant materials?
14) In the SEC filing there are multiple dates given for stated timeline (1 month, 6 month, 9 month). Is this time table to start at the SEC acceptance, or what indicates the start point?
15) How do you plan on shipping by haulers? Dollies?
16) Will we be able to lock the hood, if so how?
17) How will the washer fluid be applied to the windshield? Via the wiper blade or a hood spout?
18) Are the front and back tires the same rim width and bolt pattern?
19) What does the 55HP/60HP difference mean? Which is the real rating?

Pictures requested
1) Front suspension : how it comes out of the body panel, what the covering looks like
2) Exhaust port : Location (probably get an undershot for clearance if possible too)
3) Interior : With a tape measure for dimensions if possible
4) Dash : specific without Skyz system if possible (no tape measure)
5) Side mirrors : size and are they manual or power
6) Head on picture requested for modeling. I will take various elevations to try and give best picture.
7) Rear tire panel : in the open position shown hinged.

Measurements
1) Height to bottom of license plate both laden and unladen
2) From seat to ceiling in backseat
3) Overall width of front of vehicle (specific to parking between 2 poles, not wheel width)
4) Trunk : Size dimensions, Width of opening
5) Ground clearance : Where is the low point on the vehicle?

General observation
1) Is there a gas cap or not (as Corvette fill spot) (No Gas cap per TY post #92... will check anyway since new model)
2) Are there 2 armrests? Where are they located... part of the seat... part of the door panel... combination of both?
3) Are the turn/ interior/ side marker/ tail(brake) lights incandescent or LED?
4) Is the ignition switch a key, fob, or pushbutton?
5) Is there a trunk release from the inside of the cabin?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Better yet, replace it with the P3 rear panel.

elio-motors-84-mpg-3-wheeler-image-elio-motors_100427026_m.jpg

while I like the looks of the rear of the P3, I'm glad they have gone the direction of the P4/P5 ..... with the P3's cutout for the rear tire it will throw up a rooster tail of all manner of spray on wet/dirt roads

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In California that may be an advantage... get some of those people off my @$$ in traffic.

understood .... the last time we drove "the" 5 from LA to Washington we were towing a camper and limited to 55 mph .... the rate at which most drivers flashed by us makes me wonder, with its top speed of 100 mph, if it would be wise to drive an Elio out there :confused:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nov. 22 update
Questions to ask
1) Does the P5 come with production sound proofing?
2) Does it have OBD-II capabilities and are the limited by EM? If so how?Partially answered @ 11:24 mark here
3) What is the current state of the turbo? Is it in the works? How far along is it?
4) Now knowing that they will use PPC coloring can they give the color specs for any of the colors? (Thank you TY for this knowledge)
5) What are the plans for yellow? Come on there has to be some, you can't upset that many people.
(Apparently, yes they can. No Yellow per TY :sorry:)
6) When will the options list for the Elio be listed? Possible date? (Could answer a lot of customization questions)
7) What are the standard options that are confirmed?
8) Will the owners' manual be physical or PDF? When might we get a sneak peek online?
9) Numbers heard are 19,000 in 90 days. Is that correct? Is that calendar or working days?
10) Are you seeing more new people or established fans of the Elio at the events you are attending?
11) When will the vehicle for handsome pre-order holder #11492 be ready? (Don't worry these numbers aren't indicative of asking sequence Badboy)
12) If there is no belly pan on the P5, will there be an option for it?
13) Will the nose of the vehicle have sensors or body matched impact resistant materials?
14) In the SEC filing there are multiple dates given for stated timeline (1 month, 6 month, 9 month). Is this time table to start at the SEC acceptance, or what indicates the start point?
15) How do you plan on shipping by haulers? Dollies?
16) Will we be able to lock the hood, if so how?
17) How will the washer fluid be applied to the windshield? Via the wiper blade or a hood spout?
18) Are the front and back tires the same rim width and bolt pattern?
19) What does the 55HP/60HP difference mean? Which is the real rating?

Pictures requested
1) Front suspension : how it comes out of the body panel, what the covering looks like
2) Exhaust port : Location (probably get an undershot for clearance if possible too)
3) Interior : With a tape measure for dimensions if possible
4) Dash : specific without Skyz system if possible (no tape measure)
5) Side mirrors : size and are they manual or power
6) Head on picture requested for modeling. I will take various elevations to try and give best picture.
7) Rear tire panel : in the open position shown hinged.

Measurements
1) Height to bottom of license plate both laden and unladen
2) From seat to ceiling in backseat
3) Overall width of front of vehicle (specific to parking between 2 poles, not wheel width)
4) Trunk : Size dimensions, Width of opening
5) Ground clearance : Where is the low point on the vehicle?

General observation
1) Is there a gas cap or not (as Corvette fill spot) (No Gas cap per TY post #92... will check anyway since new model)
2) Are there 2 armrests? Where are they located... part of the seat... part of the door panel... combination of both?
3) Are the turn/ interior/ side marker/ tail(brake) lights incandescent or LED?
4) Is the ignition switch a key, fob, or pushbutton?
5) Is there a trunk release from the inside of the cabin?
Well, I'll give you +10 persistent -10 for lazy (spend a few minutes reading threads and many of your questions/requests/concerns will be answered)

Top Bottom