• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nov. 19 update
Questions to ask
1) Does the P5 come with production sound proofing?
2) Does it have OBD-II capabilities and are the limited by EM? If so how?
Partially answered @ 11:24 mark here
3) What is the current state of the turbo? Is it in the works? How far along is it?
4) Now knowing that they will use PPC coloring can they give the color specs for any of the colors? (Thank you TY for this knowledge)
5) What are the plans for yellow? Come on there has to be some, you can't upset that many people.

(Apparently, yes they can. No Yellow per TY :sorry:)
6) When will the options list for the Elio be listed? Possible date? (Could answer a lot of customization questions)
7) What are the standard options that are confirmed?
8) Will the owners' manual be physical or PDF? When might we get a sneak peek online?
9) Numbers heard are 19,000 in 90 days. Is that correct? Is that calendar or working days?
10) Are you seeing more new people or established fans of the Elio at the events you are attending?
11) When will the vehicle for handsome pre-order holder #11492 be ready? (Don't worry these numbers aren't indicative of asking sequence Badboy)
12) If there is no belly pan on the P5, will there be an option for it?
13) Will the nose of the vehicle have sensors or body matched impact resistant materials?
14) In the SEC filing there are multiple dates given for stated timeline (1 month, 6 month, 9 month). Is this time table to start at the SEC acceptance, or what indicates the start point?

15) How do you plan on shipping by haulers? Dollies?

Pictures requested
1) Front suspension : how it comes out of the body panel, what the covering looks like
2) Exhaust port : Location (probably get an undershot for clearance if possible too)
3) Interior : With a tape measure for dimensions if possible
4) Dash : specific without Skyz system if possible (no tape measure)
5) Side mirrors : size and are they manual or power
6) Head on picture requested for modeling. I will take various elevations to try and give best picture.

Measurements
1) Height to bottom of license plate both laden and unladen
2) From seat to ceiling in backseat
3) Overall width of front of vehicle (specific to parking between 2 poles, not wheel width)
4) Trunk : Size dimensions, Width of opening
5) Ground clearance : Where is the low point on the vehicle?

General observation
1) Is there a gas cap or not (as Corvette fill spot) (No Gas cap per TY post #92... will check anyway since new model)
2) Are there 2 armrests? Where are they located... part of the seat... part of the door panel... combination of both?
3) Are the turn/ interior/ side marker/ tail(brake) lights incandescent or LED?
4) Is the ignition switch a key, fob, or pushbutton?
5) Is there a trunk release from the inside of the cabin?

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nov. 19 update
Questions to ask
3) What is the current state of the turbo? Is it in the works? How far along is it?
4) Now knowing that they will use PPC coloring can they give the color specs for any of the colors? (Thank you TY for this knowledge)
5) What are the plans for yellow? Come on there has to be some, you can't upset that many people.

6) When will the options list for the Elio be listed? Possible date? (Could answer a lot of customization questions)
8) Will the owners' manual be physical or PDF? When might we get a sneak peek online?
9) Numbers heard are 19,000 in 90 days. Is that correct? Is that calendar or working days?
10) Are you seeing more new people or established fans of the Elio at the events you are attending?
11) When will the vehicle for handsome pre-order holder #11492 be ready? (Don't worry these numbers aren't indicative of asking sequence Badboy)
13) Will the nose of the vehicle have sensors or body matched impact resistant materials?
14) In the SEC filing there are multiple dates given for stated timeline (1 month, 6 month, 9 month). Is this time table to start at the SEC acceptance, or what indicates the start point?

Pictures requested
1) Front suspension : how it comes out of the body panel, what the covering looks like
2) Exhaust port : Location (probably get an undershot for clearance if possible too)
6) Head on picture requested for modeling. I will take various elevations to try and give best picture.

Measurements
3) Overall width of front of vehicle (specific to parking between 2 poles, not wheel width)

General observation
1) Is there a gas cap or not (as Corvette fill spot) (No Gas cap per TY post #92... will check anyway since new model)
2) Are there 2 armrests? Where are they located... part of the seat... part of the door panel... combination of both?
"Not designed for E 85 gasoline". Man the dash sucks. If the final paint is as "shiny" as the red, me be happy as EM said it will not.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will wider tires (and perhaps wider fenders) be an option? That would be easily installed at the marshaling centers and many people do not like the narrow tires.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nov. 19 update
Questions to ask

Pictures requested

Measurements

General observation

Geeeeeeeez,
I hope your Christmas list when you were a kid didn't come close to this!
and for what purpose other than just accumulating facts could the Qs serve. So many will be answered when you sit/touch one.
does it really matter side mirror size, ? will there be an answer that will be a deal breaker?
All my years buying/selling bikes and cars, which I went through like underwear, did I need the answers after test driving and look it over

Get over to see/sit/measure away -sit in it ASAP and your research will melt away with the amazing design and attention to detail these units will deliver.

Be patient little grasshopper, and all will be revealed in time.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Geeeeeeeez,
and for what purpose other than just accumulating facts could the Qs serve. So many will be answered when you sit/touch one.
does it really matter side mirror size, ? will there be an answer that will be a deal breaker?
All my years buying/selling bikes and cars, which I went through like underwear, did I need the answers after test driving and look it over

Get over to see/sit/measure away -sit in it ASAP and your research will melt away with the amazing design and attention to detail these units will deliver.

In my defense this is more akin to the whole neighborhoods Christmas list, as I've compiled it with the community here.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will wider tires (and perhaps wider fenders) be an option? That would be easily installed at the marshaling centers and many people do not like the narrow tires.
Customization is a business model in the Elio, so I would put money down that dash and wheel options will be out there, if not right up front certainly by the middle of the first year. Those are the two items I'll do for myself, if not otherwise available. And since I tend to tool up for things, I'll probably make a kit of it.
But there are others here that have alluded to the same intent.

With this classic Ferrari look, wouldn't open wheels and wire rims look perfect? I would still envision that with aerodynamic wheel covers, having a more Ferrari inspired profile. Yea, OK, guess I'm going to have to 3d that to make the idea more conceptually visible. lol.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Geeeeeeeez,

You have no idea how many times I wanted to say the same thing, but then what would be the point of this forum. Expressly this thread.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Geeeeeeeez,

I actually got tired after reading the first few questions!:D We're so far away from getting what we want IN IT than actually driving this baby! I don't asked or expect much from my ELIO- black or blue color- checked, 5 speed manual- checked, A/C and heat- checked, am/fm radio- checked, roof over my head-double checked, I'm good! Asked too much from a base $6,800 and quality suffers IMHO. This is American made, with expensive American labor and strict guidelines. It's no secret why a lot of American businesses uses foreign labor- it's all about making profit- EM is no different- if they want to stay STATESIDE, they need to make some or else.....
So, the better questions to ask are: 1) have they started working on the 25 E-series, 2) are they using the factory and robots to speed up the process (EM mentioned using robots when asked about this question in Facebook), etc. Get all this done and we're much closer to our test drive and eventual ownership. I know, I know, we can't rush it right? Well, you want to get yours as a 2017 model? Then EM have to break a leg and get some ass moving! Funding too! :D

Top Bottom