• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well. The outside looks good. From the pictures, the Elgin dash looks even worse than anticipated. Other that what is blocked by the ipad, the rest of the interior is decent. Too much show car, too little pre-production prototype for my tastes.

This doesn't look like the home run that Elio needed, but it is a solid grounder to first. Is it enough to bring in the $25,000,000 needed to build the E's?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well. The outside looks good. From the pictures, the Elgin dash looks even worse than anticipated. Other that what is blocked by the ipad, the rest of the interior is decent. Too much show car, too little pre-production prototype for my tastes.

This doesn't look like the home run that Elio needed, but it is a solid grounder to first. Is it enough to bring in the $25,000,000 needed to build the E's?

about the only thing I agree with in the above post is comment about the Elgin .... the P5 has been built to incorporate design changes learned through the production of and experience with the P4 .... the concept that even the production models will have the level of looks of a high dollar vehicle is interesting but the reality is, $6,800 will only go so far .... with the exception of the dash, it looks fine to me but I can't make a decision until I see it in person .... as to construction of the E's (per EM), the process has already started and crowd funding will soon take care of the $25M

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
about the only thing I agree with in the above post is comment about the Elgin .... the P5 has been built to incorporate design changes learned through the production of and experience with the P4 .... the concept that even the production models will have the level of looks of a high dollar vehicle is interesting but the reality is, $6,800 will only go so far .... with the exception of the dash, it looks fine to me but I can't make a decision until I see it in person .... as to construction of the E's (per EM), the process has already started and crowd funding will soon take care of the $25M

You don't think the outside looks good? Admittedly, the custom paint job probably cost as much as the suggested MSRP, but I thought it looked pretty good. The interior is probably a lot closer to production quality. Like you say, $6800 MSRP only goes so far.

Great news on the E's being started already! Where / when did you see / hear that? The Preliminary Offering Circular on the startengine page from just a few days ago says that they won't start the E's until after the $25M from the crowd funding is collected.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. JEBar! That'll get me to sleep better tonight.:D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You don't think the outside looks good? Admittedly, the custom paint job probably cost as much as the suggested MSRP, but I thought it looked pretty good. The interior is probably a lot closer to production quality. Like you say, $6800 MSRP only goes so far.

Great news on the E's being started already! Where / when did you see / hear that? The Preliminary Offering Circular on the startengine page from just a few days ago says that they won't start the E's until after the $25M from the crowd funding is collected.

yep, I think it looks great .... I thought the P4 really looked great .... in recent pictures of the P5 build some of our sharp eyed members spotted other frames under construction .... in today's emails I got a notice, that I'm sure everyone who signed up for Crowd Funding received :

"Your Window to Purchase Elio Motors Shares is Now Open!

This is a historic day! With our authorization by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Elio Motors has now opened an exclusive 7-day window for those who expressed interest during the “Testing the Waters” phase to purchase shares. What this also means is that Elio Motors has launched the largest public stock sale to date under the new Regulation A+, at $25 million. This is a significant milestone in moving the company closer to producing our innovative, enclosed, three-wheel vehicle that will get up to 84 MPG with a targeted $6,800 base price. You now have the unique opportunity to join us in our efforts by becoming a shareholder in Elio Motors, however, we encourage you to act quickly!

The 7-Day Window

The 7-day window will consist of 7 business days. With the Thanksgiving holiday, this maximizes your ability to purchase shares. While you may still purchase shares over weekends and the Thanksgiving holiday, the 7-day window will extend until Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 3 pm PST. "

with that being the case, the $25M is on the way

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Customization is a business model in the Elio, so I would put money down that dash and wheel options will be out there, if not right up front certainly by the middle of the first year. Those are the two items I'll do for myself, if not otherwise available. And since I tend to tool up for things, I'll probably make a kit of it.
But there are others here that have alluded to the same intent.

With this classic Ferrari look, wouldn't open wheels and wire rims look perfect? I would still envision that with aerodynamic wheel covers, having a more Ferrari inspired profile. Yea, OK, guess I'm going to have to 3d that to make the idea more conceptually visible. lol.

I want the cast wishbones as an option -- those stamped suckers look cheap and ugly.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want the cast wishbones as an option -- those stamped suckers look cheap and ugly.
Perhaps they could have an option of adding a decorative or sporty overlay (cover) on top of the suspension a-arms. At least on the bottom one. This would be an inexpensive option that could be easily be added at the marshaling centers.

Reactions: Ekh

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty new to these forums (less than a week) and have only known about the existence of the Elio for a couple days longer. But I haven't been this excited about something in a long time. In the last week and a half I have probably digested more information on the Elio than most competition eaters do hotdogs. Anyway that brings me to the point of this post.

I have talked to my better half (trust me she is sooo much better) and she has agreed to let me take the family to the L.A. Auto Show. Since it is only 20mi from my house it wasn't too hard of a sell. We have decided to probably go on that Friday after Thanksgiving. This brings me to a couple of questions. 1) Having never been to an auto show or seen the Elio team, do you think I will be able to sit in the car and ask a TON of questions? Will the presence still be strong on the public days instead of the media days? 2) May I have permission to claim representation of this forum? I would like to think they would be more receptive to someone from a strong, well known collection of Elio lovers. And finally 3) What would you all like me to ask? I will be checking on this thread and compiling a list of questions to ask. I will try to ask as many as I can and they will field, but want to know what you all would like to know. Please keep the feel of the forum going and give me both topical and fun questions, as this place seems to do well.

Thank you all and I hope to hear from many of you.

BTW... yes I will ask about the yellow. How can you not do yellow?:rolleyes:
Thanks for compiling these questions and tasks and sharing with us. Do not feel badly if you do not get through everything. It is a big task. When I talked to Paul Elio at another event, I decided to not ask all the questions I had. Enjoy.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a question if you deem it worthy of asking.

Will we be able to lock the hood, and if so how?
That is a good question. I've been fine with the hood pins and lack of latch release from the inside up until now. I live in small town USA, so security is not a real big deal, hell keys are in all mine and left unlocked most of the time, but I do see the risk of theft and or sabotage with it unlocked.

Top Bottom