• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think you guys should worry much about emissions. This is a simple 3 cylinder engine and it should easily hit emissions assuming it is an efficient engine

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe overall selling fees will account for more than 5%....probably closer to 10%....all based on opinion. That company selling it has over 4k items on ebay. That takes a lot of time.

Also, they have said they received 90% of asking price, that is very possible. If you look at just the feedback, all the items sold are cheaper items <$2200 each. Those have a high level of liquidity. Most of those items are smaller. The bigger items are less liquid. Using the first $20k as a concrete % is not a great way to go. At the same time, there is really no good way to figure it out, just wait and see.

Again, the thing to watch for is how soon the items are selling.

As you guys know, i have little to no faith this will happen. Now many of you guys risked (invested $1k non refundable)....if some of you really think it is gonna happen and have extra cash, why don't some of you guys buy the cheaper stuff and resell it. Lets say hypothetically you get 90% of what you pay, it would help out EM (i am not recommending doing that, just seeing what you guys think).....or maybe you could make a deal with them, buy $1000 worth of equipment and they give you $1200 or so off if they build the car.
LMFAO- he with little faith, wants others to get other $ involved.
Why don't you buy it and use the profits to put money down. Nothing ventured.......

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LMFAO- he with little faith, wants others to get other $ involved.
Why don't you buy it and use the profits to put money down. Nothing ventured.......

Im talking about people who are completely for the car. They have already put down 1k.

Hell if I said dont put money down, id get blasted, if i say put more money down I get blasted.

At least I'm throwing out a potential idea that could actually help them. You don't think selling their equipment faster would?

Why would I put money towards it?

At least what I did there was constructive criticism. What is your idea?

Also, i flip cars on the side and make more than what I would putting $1,000 down.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Horn, your idea is, to put it politely, disengenuous. (Means fundamentally misleading and less than honest). People who have invested $1K cover a broad financial spectrum, some with plenty to spare, some, like our late beloved Z, with barely a surplus nickel. But to suggest that people should buy ebay items, then try to re-sell them, is more than a strain. Why should folks take a further hit on their finances, giving Elio a lower dollar amount than they'll get by letting Comau handle it? Those of us who HAVE invested in a non-refundable deposit, whether the full $1K or a lesser amount, have already made a commitment, and in many cases (my own included) for a bit more than they can casually afford to toss overboard.

Our "job" here is to buy an Elio and support the company. I, for instance, am more than willing to put my talents as a photographer to work for the company -- and they know this. Others are making different contributions. But we would be foolish to buy manufacturing equipment we don't need, in area where few of us have specialized knowledge, and then take a further hit reselling it or trying to .... that's just malicious on your part.

Go blow your Horn someplace else. You, sir, are entirely out of line.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EKH. - misleading means not telling the complete truth to get a desired result. In my idea, i explained you would lose some money. That was Not misleading.

Also if they except your offer that means elio is probably getting close to max price for it. Therefore, they aren't taking a hit.

And why would anyone give money when it was more than they could afford to lose? I thought everyone was more than ok with it?

Also, my statement was not malicious. The end goal would be for you to get the Elio. Malicious means harmful intent.

Your "job" may be as you described, BUT as of so far the job you (and others) have done is become their bank/financing.

I would say things like not mentioning pushback dates sooner or say funding is locked up when it isn't is disingenuous.

Now i agree that doing tasks like photography is beneficial.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EKH. - misleading means not telling the complete truth to get a desired result. In my idea, i explained you would lose some money. That was Not misleading.

Also if they except your offer that means elio is probably getting close to max price for it. Therefore, they aren't taking a hit.

And why would anyone give money when it was more than they could afford to lose? I thought everyone was more than ok with it?

Also, my statement was not malicious. The end goal would be for you to get the Elio. Malicious means harmful intent.

Your "job" may be as you described, BUT as of so far the job you (and others) have done is become their bank/financing.

I would say things like not mentioning pushback dates sooner or say funding is locked up when it isn't is disingenuous.

Now i agree that doing tasks like photography is beneficial.
Wayne is that you????

Top Bottom