• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mag44

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Think Wayne got blocked for being truthful. That's TABOO here.
Oh, on Friday, Elio may have an engine but no money to build it.
Now for the square peg in the round hole.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Im talking about people who are completely for the car.

regardless of the subject matter, it can prove to be tricky for folks who strongly for something to discuss it rationally with a person who is strongly skeptical .... constructive criticism in the mind of one person can be received as an irrational assault by another .... the reality is, while the folks here are interested in the project and truly want EM to go into production, none of us are in a position to know what is going on within the inner circle nor about the exact status of of it engineering, financial, advance planning or most any other .... the same is true for folks who are skeptical .... to me, the bottom line is all of the huffing and puffing isn't worth the effort .... time will tell, the time frame is shrinking, and I for one plan to enjoy the ride

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Note to self:
No more defending this project/although I too have concerns (see my signature/avatar)- there are two indisputable facts-
It will be built
It won't be built

Next year will be the result- For those that will be correct in the above 2 choices -well done - (LOL)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not going to be getting into a urinary stream measurement competition with Horn or anyone else. It is certainly possible to be skeptical -- very skeptical -- without being malicious. Trolls delight in malice; skeptics would love to be convinced they're wrong, but are conditioned to disappointment. Trolls, seek to "head it off at the pass" by dismissing or disrespecting they thing that their other selves would really long for, and by hurting people for the sheer pleasure of doing so.

My assessment of Horn's comments is not that they resided in skepticism -- but that they lurk in the underground passages of the Troll Home. I am convinced his intent was to offend, not enlighten; his motive was to attack, not explain. Stupidity is forgivable, ignorance correctible, but malice can only be ignored or banished.

It is possible to express concerns without rancor. Mr. Horn has consistently failed to do so. He is, of course welcome to his opinions, but unless they are more constructive than they have been, I, for one, will entirely disregard or block them -- I haven't decided which.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your assessment is wrong.

Only I would know my intent. I do not lie. That was just a wild idea for financing.

Im a big skeptic. I WANT THE ELIO TO BE BUILT. IVE SAID IT SEVERAL TIMES. I WILL LOOK INTO BUYING ONE IF IT IS BUILT

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have seen some recent posts by Wayne, that were actually constructive, once he got through gloating about how he was right all along.

Top Bottom