• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goofyone - where does it say that only 10% of EM equipment is on ebay. (Just curious)

Also the estimated value is 75-100M....they will NOT get 75M for the equipment.

They have to sell at a discount due to needing funding asap. Buyers know this. The big pricey equipment is considered Long Term Assets.....usually harder to sell and at a bigger discount.

The buyers' have the upper hand.

In terms of the engine, i want to see it run. I highly doubt it runs much more than 5 mins. You better believe if the media is there, everything will be in top notch shape to make sure it goes according to plan. It's just a "dog and pony show"....not a dig on EM, all companies do it.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also, in terms of what has sold, the highest priced item sold (that you can see on ebay) was $2,200 unless I missed one.

I would guess there is $15,000-20,000 sold in January. I believe they started mid month, so lets say 2 weeks.

I did see that there was a $20,000 item that had an offer. It is safe to assume that if it was a good offer, it would be immediately accepted. This is speculation - it could have been a ridiculously low offer. No idea of knowing.

Also, a press release by EM http://www.eliomotors.com/the-elio-plant-equipment-11615/
says that the current list is valued at $17M and represents less than 15%. To be save, 17M/15% equals almost $113M....not 75-100M.

Now another factor to consider is selling fees (which could be factored into appraised value) could be anywhere from 6-20% imo. Ebay gets a cut, seller gets a cut, some smaller items may be paid with paypal which is about 3%. If not there may still be other fees factored in.

More important is when they get significant proceeds. They need it ASAP, not at the end of the year.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing here, but I suspect the stuff is listed on eBay just because there's so much of it. But I suspect that Comeau is also privately search for buyers; they need to make money from these sales and are deeply experienced in this market place. That said, I have no idea what the actual final value of the stuff will turn out to be -- my guess is far less than Elio hopes, since the world economy is slowing down except for the U.S.

As for timing, I'm sure everybody involved wants the stuff moved ASAP -- but ASAP may turn out to be a year or more. If I were Paul, this one would be keeping me up at night.

Top Bottom